Rihanna ASAP Rocky's relationship timeline

From duets to being first-time parents: A timeline of Rihanna and ASAP Rocky’s relationship

They’ve known each other for over 10 years

Rihanna is one celebrity people can’t seem to get off their minds after her iconic Super Bowl performance. During her performance, Rihanna inadvertently announced she was expecting her second child, nine months after giving birth to her first. The singer is expecting with her boyfriend ASAP Rocky, who she has known since 2012 ever since they featured on a song together.

ASAP Rocky and Rihanna are couple goals, and as they are expecting another child together, here’s everything you need to know about Rihanna and ASAP Rocky’s relationship over the years.

2012 – They met after collaborating on a song together

In 2012, after Rihanna released her single Cockiness (Love It), ASAP Rocky featured on the remix of the song. Later in the year, they performed the remix at the MTV Video Music Awards and rumours began to spin about their flirtatious chemistry.

2013 – ASAP Rocky joined Rihanna on her Diamonds world tour

In March 2013, Rocky featured on the Cockiness (Love It) remix, he joined Rihanna on the North American leg of her Diamonds World Tour. ASAP Rocky joined her on a number of different shows in the US including shows in Los Angeles, Winnipeg and San Diego.

2013 – Rihanna featured in one of Rocky’s music videos

Later on in 2013, Rihanna then played ASAP Rocky’s girlfriend in his music video for Fashion Killa. Their relationship status was unknown at this time but in the song, Rocky raps: “Her attitude Rihanna. She get it from her mama. She jiggy like Madonna, but she trippy like Nirvana.”

2018 – ASAP Rocky attended Rihanna’s Diamond Ball

In September 2018, ASAP Rocky attended Rihanna’s Diamond Ball. The ball raises funds for her nonprofit organisation, Clara Lionel Foundation, which provides help to communities in the Caribbean and the US to prepare for natural disasters. He also showed his support for the foundation again in 2019.

2019 – Rihanna and Rocky made their red carpet debut

Rihanna and ASAP Rocky broke the internet after they made their red carpet debut at the British Fashion Awards in December 2019. They both wore outfits from Fenty and ASAP Rocky later described Rihanna’s look as “fire”.

2020 – ASAP Rocky wore Fenty makeup for an advert

In 2020, ASAP Rocky and Rihanna collaborated on Fenty Skin’s launch. In an advert, Rocky wore makeup and nail polish, making clear that the message of the brand is that makeup is for everyone. Rocky helped promoted the Fenty Skin gender-inclusive line.

2021 – ASAP Rocky confirmed they were dating

Rihanna and ASAP Rocky’s relationship was confirmed in an interview with GQ when ASAP Rocky called Rihanna “the one” and said she was the love of his life. When asked what it’s like to be in a relationship, Rocky said: “So much better when you got the one. She amounts to probably, like, a million of the other ones.” I think when you know, you know. She’s the one.”

2021 – They attended the Met Gala together in truly iconic fashion

After their relationship was confirmed, Rihanna and Rocky attended the Met Gala together, showcasing the true power couple they are.

2022 – Rihanna and Rocky welcomed their first child together

The photo of all photos went viral in January 2022, when Rihanna and Rocky were pictured in New York City, and the world found out Rihanna was pregnant. In May 2022, they welcomed their first child together and in a sweet clip in December, Rihanna shared a video of their baby boy.

2023 – Rihanna announced she and Rocky were expecting a second child

During Rihanna’s Super Bowl performance, people began to speculate she was pregnant and then a representative for the singer later confirmed the exciting news.

When previously talking about motherhood, Rihanna said: “When you become a mum, there’s something that just happens where you feel like you could take on the world – you can do anything. And the Super Bowl is one of the biggest stages in the world, so as scary as that was… there’s something exhilarating about the challenge of it all. It’s important for my son to see that.”