Love Island fake Instagram followers

These are the Islanders who have the largest percentage of fake Instagram followers

How do they all have so many ?!

With the rise of shows like Love Island and Netflix’s recent venture in the world of reality TV with the likes of the Selling Sunset and Bling Empire franchises, reality TV stars are now the modern day celebrity. Despite their different origins, what unites the reality TV star with a traditional celeb is that their fans just can’t get enough of them, and Islanders are no different with all of them gaining thousands if not millions of followers just from featuring on the show.

Or so we thought, but ex Love Island contestants actually have hundreds of thousands of fake Instagram followers. By using Modash which analyses Instagram accounts’ follower rates, PostBeyond found that despite being the most followed Islander of all time with 6.8 million followers, only 12 per cent of Molly-Mae’s following is classed as fake, ranking her 33rd out the 51 Islanders assessed.

So, with 6.7 million fake followers between them, here are the top 10 Love Island contestants with the largest amount of fake followers on Instagram of all time, ranked from lowest to highest per cent:

Montana Brown – 17.33 per cent fake followers

Total amount of followers: 1.2 million

Amount of fake followers: 207,960

Coming in tenth place, is Montana Brown. Montana recently announced her pregnancy after revealing in 2o2o she miscarried after becoming pregnant whilst on the pill. Montana has been sharing updates of her pregnancy with her Instagram followers, 17.33 per cent of which are fake.

Zara McDermott – 18.35 per cent fake followers

Total amount of followers: 1.7 million

Amount of fake followers: 311,950

Zara McDermott found fame after the 2018 season of Love Island where she was coupled up with walking red flag Adam Collard. Zara has since found love with Made in Chelsea’s Sam Thompson. Sam and Zara share a lot of their relationship online including to Zara’s 1.7 million Instagram followers, 18.35 per cent of which are fake.

Amber Davies – 19.17 per cent fake followers

Total amount of followers: 1.4 million

Amount of fake followers: 268,380

Reality star turned actress Amber Davies, won her season of Love Island in 2017 coupled up with Kem Cetinay who also makes this list. Amber has 268,380 fake followers which is just under 20 per cent of her 1.4 million total following.

Olivia Bowen – 19.44 per cent fake followers

Total amount of followers: 3.1 million

Amount of fake followers: 602,640

With a whopping 3.1 million total followers, Olivia Bowen who was a runner up on the second season of Love Island in 2016, is the second most followed Islander to make this list. Having since married her Love Island partner Alex and having a son together, Olivia shares snippets on their fairytale romance to her Instagram followers, where nearly 20 per cent of them are fake.

Marino Katsouris – 20.97 per cent fake followers

Total amount of followers: 1.7 million

Amount of fake followers: 356,490

You’d be forgiven for now not recognising Marino Katsouris since his two day stint on the third season of Love Island. Having a spent only 48 hours in the villa, it is a wonder how he managed to win over the public to such an extent that over 1.7 million of them follow him. Marino is now a fitness influencer but over 20 per cent of his following is fake.

Kady McDermott – 22.2 per cent fake followers

Total amount of followers: 1.2 million

Amount of fake followers: 266,400

Out of second season’s Kady McDermott’s 1.2 million strong Instagram following, 22.2 per cent are fake. That’s over 260,00 fake accounts.

Josh Denzel – 22.73 per cent fake followers

Total amount of followers: 1.2 million

Amount of fake followers: 272,760

It appears that Josh Denzel’s Instagram followers are about as loyal to him as he was to Georgia in Casa Amor with nearly 23 per cent of his 1.2 million following being fake.

Georgia Harrison – 41.72 per cent fake followers

Total amount of followers: 1.2 million

Amount of fake followers: 500,640

Since leaving the villa after appearing on the third season of the show, Georgia Harrison has been campaigning for the UK government to simplify revenge porn laws after her ex-boyfriend Stephen Bear shared explicit footage of them online. Georgia has 1.2 million Instagram followers fighting her corner, only 41.72 per cent of which are fake.

Kem Cetinay – 44.86 per cent fake followers

Total amount of followers: 2.8 million

Amount of fake followers: 1,256,080

Kem Cetinay won the 2017 season of Love Island alongside Amber Davies who also made this list. However, Kem has more than double the percentage of fake followers than Amber at just under 45 per cent. Of his 2.8 million Instagram following, thats over 1.2 million fake accounts.

All follower counts correct at time of writing.

These are the celebrities who have the largest percentage of fake Instagram followers

How to check if someone’s bought fake Instagram followers

The celebs who have racked up the most CO2 emissions this year using their private jets

Featured images via @zara_mcdermott, @kemcetinay and @oliviadbowen on Instagram.