‘I wish we were asked about our fallouts’: Colleen opens up about the Love Is Blind reunion

‘I think it would have provided a lot of clarity for the audience’

One part to Love Is Blind season three which got plenty of screen time but hardly any closer was the explosive arguments between Colleen Reed and Matt Bolton.

At the reunion, Colleen said she and Matt are stronger than ever after their wedding but they don’t live together. She said this was due to finances and not being able to leave their leases early but once that wasn’t a problem they would move in together.

On Twitter a lot of viewers were speculating Colleen looked uncomfortable sitting next to Matt during the reunion. However she has since addressed the speculation in an interview with Cosmopolitan UK where she clarified she wasn’t in a “good headspace” leading up to the reunion.

She said: “Going into the reunion, I was not in a good headspace as I was dealing with a lot of anxiety due to the negative commentary I had endured during the first few episodes. While I knew what I had signed up for, at that point I was not prepared for the gravity of strangers critiquing my profession that I am incredibly proud of, my character, and tearing down my body and physical traits.”

Colleen continued to say she was also “embarrassed” having to watch the pool scene play out where she and Cole expressed they found each other attractive. Colleen said she didn’t want rewatching the scene to change things between herself and husband Matt, and the female cast members. She said: “Not only was I dealing with this stress, but I was embarrassed of having to watch the pool scene in front of everyone and having to discuss it. I cherish my friendships with these girls so much. I didn’t want my actions to change anything with them or with Matt. I was anticipating more harmful comments as well,” she said.

Colleen continued to explain how Matt was supportive during filming the reunion and provided constant reassurance that she was okay. She said she wished the reunion looked into her arguments with Matt, she said she wanted to be given the opportunity to explain and provide clarity for the audience. She added: “I do wish Matt and I were asked about and discussed our fallouts along with what led us from going to being unsure to saying ‘yes’ at the altar. Both Matt and I are well past everything and learned from our experience so then we are very open to talking about it all. I think it would have provided a lot of clarity for the audience.”

Season three of Love Is Blind is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.