love island families

‘He has potential’: Everything the Love Islanders’ families have said about the couples

Meet the parents day is going to be interesting

As we head into the last week of Love Island 2022, and approach the final, there’s one big day we are all looking forward to – meet the parent’s day. The event, which happens in every series sees the families and friends of the remaining Love Island cast enter the villa to reunite with their loved one and most importantly, meet their new partner.

The day usually involves a lot of tears, hugs and seals of approval. However, over the years there have been some awkward run ins with parents who don’t necessarily love their child’s new partner. And this year potentially has a lot of awkwardness to come.

Since the show began in June this year the families and friends have been very vocal on social media about what they think about the new partner of their child, sibling or friend. Some have been very supportive of their relationships, whereas others have called out their behaviour. Ekin-Su babe, you’re in for an awkward first meeting.

This is everything the friends and families of the Love Island 2022 cast have said about the Islanders’ new partners so far:

Gemma and Luca

via ITV2

As the daughter of famous footballer Michael Owen, everyone has been waiting to see what Gemma’s parents will say about her coupling up with Luca.

So far, Michael and his wife Louise have been fairly quiet about their daughter’s new guy. Early on in the series Michael said he thought Luca and the other boys seemed like “pretty decent fellas”.

Gemma’s mum Louise is said to be a big influence on Gemma’s decisions and though she hasn’t shared exactly what she thinks of Luca, some fans think she’s not a fan.

During the episodes in which Tasha was treated rather harshly by Dami and Luca, Louise replied to an Instagram comment about the treatment of Tasha.

She said: “I hope Tasha is ok, I feel it’s close to bullying now which is so sad to see.” The boys did apologise to Tasha later on in the episode.

Whilst Gemma’s parents haven’t said a lot, Luca’s family have not held back in sharing their thoughts. In general they appear to be fans of Gemma and during movie night they apologised on Luca’s behalf for how he reacted to the clip of Gemma “flirting” with Billy.

They said: “I know that when he watches it back, he will be embarrassed and deeply apologetic.”

However, following last night’s episode in which Gemma and Luca argued over his reaction during the Mile High challenge, Luca’s family defended his behaviour.

His sister wrote on his Instagram Story in a now deleted post: “9/10 weeks of no contact with family. It’s a crazy intense environment where emotions are heightened.

“Learning to have disagreements and resolve them is part of all successful relationships. Society preaches men not to bottle things up and to open up???

“So proud of how vulnerable and in touch with his emotions he’s been. Nothing but real. First to admit if he’s being a little sh*t. But really don’t feel he’s done anything wrong here at all.”

Ekin-Su and Davide

via ITV2

Just like their fiery relationship, Davide and Ekin-Su’s families have not held back in saying what they really think of the couple.

During the kiss on the terrace saga, Davide’s family were less than impressed when Ekin-Su was wanting an iced coffee from Davide. They said: “How about you make your own coffee? Over the past few days we all had to tolerate a desperate attempt to steal the show.

“Like Davide said, ‘Something is not quite right’ and we really hope he figures out what is really going on and takes action.”

When Jacques arrived in the villa Ekin-Su told him she’d rather be in bed with “someone like him” rather than Davide. Davide’s family had a lot to say about her comment and wrote on Instagram: “If you want to be treated like a lady, act like one first.” They’ve also said they think Davide deserves “someone genuine”.

However, a lot has changed since they first made those comments as the couple are now exclusive. During Love Island Aftersun Davide’s friends appeared on the show and said they were now fans of Davide and Ekin-Su.

One said: “Yeah, I think they’ve shown that they’re a good match now, maybe not at the start.” His friends also said they had unfollowed Ekin-Su a few times but now they’re following her again.

Ekin-Su’s family haven’t said a lot about her relationship with Davide, but they seem to be fans of the pairing. On her Instagram account they’ve described Davide and Ekin-Su as “cute” and constantly refer to them as “mum and dad”.

Indiyah and Dami

via ITV2

Everyone was team Dami and Indiyah until Casa Amor happened and then we weren’t so sure on their future. Thankfully, they’re back together now and have even mentioned the “L” word.

But Indiyah’s family are still cautious about Dami. In an interview with the Mirror, Indiyah’s mum Dee said she is a fan of Dami but is still making sure he doesn’t hurt her daughter.

She said: “They look good together… but Dami is still on probation in my eyes. Do not hurt my Indi – I’ll be watching you! He has potential. Indi is going at a smooth pace – all the while, she is analysing situations and actions.”

Dami’s family have been pretty quiet with what they think about Indiyah, however, they seem to be fans, often sharing sweet photos of the couple together.

Tasha and Andrew

via ITV2

Tasha and Andrew have certainly been through a lot in their time in the villa since being paired together on day one by the public. Now they’re in a relationship but in the time it took to get there, their families and friends have had quite a lot to say about the couple.

During Casa Amor when Andrew was kissing Coco, and Tasha was kissing Billy, his family shared an Instagram Story in which they said: “Oh dear, looks like Team Tasha jumped the gun. Pot. Kettle.”

Andrew’s brother also said he was “sick” of Tasha’s “crocodile tears” on his own Instagram Story after Tasha found out what Andrew did in bed with Coco.

And Tasha’s family aren’t too keen on Andrew either. During Casa Amor when Andrew and Coco were saying unkind things about Tasha, her family said on Instagram: “Don’t get the need to bring Tasha down while talking to Coco, it’s wrong.”

Alongside this they then shared a video from Keeping Up With The Kardashians in which Kim says to Khloé and Kourtney: “So I gotta be real with you guys, you look like f*cking clowns.” Awkward.

However, both families now seem to be more keen on Tasha and Andrew as a couple, with both of their Instagram accounts run by their families sharing supportive pictures of the couple together.

Paige and Adam

via ITV2

It feels like Paige and Adam have been together for ages but they’re actually still a relatively new couple, making their relationship exclusive late last week.

So far Paige and Adam’s families haven’t said a lot about the couple. However, on Paige’s Instagram, which is run by her best friend Morgan Swinford, they’ve said they’re so happy to see Adam making Paige happy.

On a recent post they said: “I cannot handle how cute they are 😭 so glad to see my girl happy, keep up the good work @adamcollard.”

On Adam’s Instagram there’s been a lot of positive comments towards Paige by Adam’s account handler including one where they said Paige might be the “new Mrs C”.

Danica and Jamie

via ITV2

As the most recent couple in the villa, only pairing up earlier this week after Jamie entered the villa last week, their families haven’t had a lot to say about Danica and Jamie. However, on Danica’s Instagram the person managing her account said they had a “good feeling” about Danica and Jamie and called them a “beautiful couple” who seem compatible.

Love Island 2022 continues on ITV2 at 9pm tonight. For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.