Hollywood Unlocked Jason Lee Queen Elizabeth

Here’s everything you need to know about Hollywood Unlocked after last night’s drama

The fake news story saying the Queen is dead is still up, yikes

Hollywood Unlocked is a pop culture and news outlet owned by a man called Jason Lee and last night it published a story claiming Queen Elizabeth was dead. Whilst we were all sitting down to watch Drag Race UK Versus The World, the fake news site, broke the story and Twitter was sent into turmoil. Even though the Hollywood Unlocked’s article is still up, it has since been reported the queen is very much alive. But before we get into the best reactions to last night’s fake royal news first, here’s what you need to know about Hollywood Unlocked:

Jason Lee is the founder of Hollywood Unlocked

Jason Lee has been trending since the story saying Queen Elizabeth is dead was first reported yesterday on Hollywood Unlocked, and he has backed himself on Twitter for his choice to publish. He said: “We don’t post lies and I always stand by my sources. Waiting for an official statement from the palace.” However it has since been confirmed the queen is actually alive and not dead, therefore Jason’s sources “close to the royal kingdom” are actually incorrect would you believe.

Jason Lee is a 43-year-old blogger who’s regularly pictured with some huge celebrities like Floyd Mayweather and Kanye West. Recently on Instagram he posted a picture of himself at Kanye West’s concert.

Hollywood Unlocked calls itself the ‘pulse of pop culture’

As soon as you open the Hollywood Unlocked website, you’re met with Jason Lee’s face followed by all of its articles. It’s recently reported on Kanye West’s concert, President Joe Biden imposing sanctions on Russia and Idris Elba announcing he is leaving the acting industry. Oh, and of course the Queen of England supposedly dying.

Hollywood Unlocked has over 2.8 million Instagram followers and is followed by the likes of Christine Quinn from Selling Sunset. The Hollywood Unlocked YouTube channel has over 315,000 subscribers and has been active for the last five years which is when the publication first started. A lot of people seemed to take the article at face value, so here are some of the best reactions straight up calling out the idiots (me) who believed Queen Elizabeth was dead even for one second:

1. ‘Found dead’ is the most chaotic part

2. Going to Twitter for clues is hardly reliable, is it?

3. Why did we all believe they got the scoop?

4. Jason Lee’s tweet summed up

5. Go on, bestie

6. Stopppp

7. Hollywood Unlocked and Jason Lee chose chaos

8. It’s as simple as

9. ‘Ask for a redo’

10. People were making up entire scenarios

11. We’re all fools

Feature image via Alessia Pierdomenico on Shutterstock.