light blue nails tiktok

Ok so why are girls painting their nails light blue on TikTok and what does it mean?

Who knew nail colours could be so deep?

Have you noticed a lot of girls on TikTok have been painting their nails light blue recently? Well it turns out it’s the latest trend on the app, but not for the reason you think.

Rather than girls just choosing this as the latest fun colour to paint their nails for the summer it’s actually a way to indicate you’re in a relationship. The reason for this? It’s the colour every single guy picks when you ask them what colour you should paint your nails.

@notgraciefedorkowhat is it w the light blue nails♬ original sound – Dre

Now girls on TikTok are either showing off their light blue nails or joking around and getting them done in a different colour to show they’re not committed.

So what does it mean to have painted light blue nails?

Essentially it means you’re in a relationship. According to Urban Dictionary girls use it to indicate they’re no longer available.

They say: “When a girl gets blue nails it typically means she has a significant other or/ aka, a boyfriend. Females use this colour to let other people know she is no longer available.”

Why is it all over TikTok?

Right now there’s two types of light blue nails videos going around. The first is people saying they can’t do hot girl summer because they have light blue nails aka they’re not single.

@brynnjaminfranklin##stitch with @itz_emerson comments said every guy will tell u to get light blue nails 😭♬ original sound – brynn🌺

The second type of video is girls asking their boyfriends what colour they should get their nails painted and 99 per cent of the time they say light blue.

Why? Why do they always pick this colour? There’s literally a whole rainbow of colours.