Tom Zanetti has said he didn’t realise how ‘set up’ filming Made in Chelsea really is

He joins the show tonight and says conversations were filmed more than once

Tonight’s episode of Made in Chelsea sees Tom Zanetti turn up in the luxury Cotswolds manor as a surprise for Sophie Hermann on her birthday. But after filming for the show, the singer and DJ has said he didn’t realise how “set up” it was all going to be.

Tom and Sophie met whilst they were both celebrity cast members on Celebs Go Dating: The Mansion. Despite not finding love with members of the public, which the aim of the whole show is, the pair left the series saying they were going to pursue things as an item together. Tom now arrives on Made in Chelsea as a surprise guest for Sophie’s birthday party.

But, speaking to The Only Way Is Essex’s Bobby Norris and co-host Stephen Leng on their Access All Areas radio show, Tom Zanetti has spilled a lot of tea about how “set up” Made in Chelsea really is, which isn’t how he expected it to be.

Made in Chelsea, Tom Zanetti, Sophie Hermann, cast, join, Celebs Go Dating

via Instagram @xxsophiehermannxx

He said: “I didn’t know what to expect. But I kind of thought it would be more like [the cameras] following you around and stuff like that. I didn’t realise it would be, you know, like settings, like set up in a way. In a way, yes, it is set up. They’ll set up an amazing setting and a backdrop and then you’re given a topic to discuss.

“That doesn’t discredit it at all. It was set up but, then you’ve got to film it so many times from so many different angles. And then, you get the wides, and then you get the pretties and then you get this and that.”

He added: “These people who are on it, they’re on it for weeks on end and it’s very long days. It’s made to look very easy because it looks so beautiful on the screen, but it’s actually like so draining and so tiring. So yeah, it’s not easy at all.”

After Tom and Sophie started seeing each other on Celebs Go Dating, it was confirmed that he had been invited onto Made in Chelsea. At the time, a source told the Sun: “Tom’s filming the show right now – him and Sophie are already pretty serious and getting along really well.

“The whole cast have to form a bubble at the huge country house they’re filming the show at, so it’s not that different to Celebs Go Dating: The Mansion – only he now has to impress all of her best friends.”

Made in Chelsea continues at 9pm on E4.