Here’s what the children from Nativity have been up to since the film

For some reason they’re literally all on TikTok

Nativity came out in 2009, and ever since I’ve never been able to watch it without being lowkey bitter about all the kids who were in it. Yes, even now as a 22-year-old I am still jealous of the children who got to be cast in Nativity, aka the best film ever made.

Now, the cast of the Nativity are no longer children (of course, that’s how time works). Some are at uni, some have proper grown-up jobs, and some even went on Britain’s Got Talent. For some reason though, literally all of them are on TikTok.

Here’s what the kids cast in the Nativity film are up to now:

Bob – Ben Wilby

where are the children cast from nativity film now

We have to start off with the most iconic Nativity character, Bob, played by Ben Wilby.

Now, Ben is 18 and has 37k followers on TikTok, where half his videos are just milking the fact he was in Nativity. To be fair to him, if I’d been in the best film of all time, I’d still be milking it 11 years later, too.

Ben has 25.5k followers on Instagram. He posts a lot with his girlfriend. She also has a TikTok, and in one video did that “childhood crush vs boyfriend now” trend, using pics of Bob in Nativity and then Ben now. Adorbs.

Crystal – Cadi Mullane

Cadi Mullane played Crystal, who was one of the stars.

Now, Cadi is 20 and a “master of karate”, according to her Instagram bio.

Cadi has done a storytime TikTok, where she speaks about being in the Nativity film. She said she got told about the audition through an agency that was looking for “kids who were really chatty, could dance a little bit and sing a little bit”. She went to “about seven” auditions.

The cast “filmed for the whole summer holidays”, and Cadi had her eighth birthday on the Nativity set – Martin Freeman even sung happy birthday to her, apparently.

Cadi is Welsh and Nativity was filmed in Coventry, but she says all the kids who didn’t live in Coventry “stayed in a massive hotel together”, saying “it was like The Suite Life of Zac and Cody”. She also says there was no script and the film was largely improvised.

Becky – Krista Hyatt

Becky was played by Krista Hyatt. In 2008 she got to the final of Britain’s Got Talent in a dance duo called The Cheeky Monkeys, with a boy called Charlie Dixon. Charlie was also in Nativity, playing Thomas, a student at Oakmoor, the posh rival school.

In news as devastating as One Direction announcing their hiatus, in 2011 the Lancashire Telegraph reported The Cheeky Monkeys had “split” and gone their separate ways.

Krista has a private Instagram, but 12k followers on TikTok.

Sam – Maeve Dolan

Maeve Dolan played Sam, the girl who always wore the stripey hat.

Now, Maeve is 19 and at uni in London. She has TikToks about knitting, Teen Wolf and being at uni.

William – Michael McAuley

William, the boy who Mr Maddens takes to Hollywood, was played by Michael McAuley.

Now he’s 19 and at uni – and, much like the rest of his cast mates, still very much milking the fact he was in Nativity on his TikTok, where his bio says he’s a “full time baddie”.

Sadie – Sydney Isitt-Ager

Sydney Isitt-Ager played Sadie, the girl who tells Mr Maddens she doesn’t want to do the show any more and then they have a heart-to-heart in the school hall.

She now has a business where she does people’s lashes and makeup, and is doing dance training at a theatre school, according to her social media accounts.

Beth – Ellie Coldicutt

Ellie Coldicutt played Beth, the girl who sits on the moon with tinsel hair.

Ellie graduated from UWE in Bristol in July 2019, and has since set up a clothing store called Elrose Clothing.

Alfie – Jake Pratt

Jake Pratt played Alfie, the student who has a fight with Oli because they both want to be Joseph. Before being in Nativity, Jake got to the semi-final of Britain’s Got Talent as a singer. He was also in Green Balloon Club on CBeebies.

He went on to star in West End shows including Billy Elliot and Matilda the Musical.

Jake graduated from Leeds in 2018, and now mainly just posts Insta pics with his girlfriend.

via Instagram @jakespratt96

Neve – Milly Webb

Milly Webb played Neve, the star who sings the line “I’m dizzy with self confidence, hope you can feel it too” in Sparkle and Shine. She has three TikTok videos, two of which are about the fact she was in Nativity, with the third being about cutting her hair. Milly’s had a wild 11 years.

Zack – Tom McGarrity

Tom McGarrity played Zack, the boy who all the girls fancied and who Mr Poppy compared to Zac Efron.

Tom’s still a performer, and in the past few years has performed on cruise ships going as far as Australia and South Africa.

via Instagram @tommcgarrity96

TJ – Bernard Mensah

Bernard Mensah played TJ, who is Angel Gabriel in the Nativity – you know, the one who Mr Poppy wants to make go down a death slide.

After Nativity, Bernard played Young Simba in The Lion King in the West End. According to his acting profile, Bernard is now “a 21 year old boy from the streets of North London”. He says he’s “obsessed with acting” and is trying to become a professional actor. He also says: “I love having good company around me and good vibes.”

He may or may not have a Twitter account, which hasn’t been updated since 2012 and has four tweets. One of them is this:

#dedicated

Jade – Faye Dolan

Faye Dolan played Jade, another child in Mr Maddens’ class.

Judging by her Instagram, before coronavirus Faye went to see lots of musicals and on lots of holidays. During lockdown, she spent her time on Houseparty like the rest of us.

Oli – Brandon McDonald

Oli, the boy who does the rap in the Kings’ song and says “extra spicy”, was played by Brandon McDonald, who appears to have vanished into thin air and does not have any public social media accounts.

A girl called Daisy put this video on TikTok, showing Olly in the Nativity film, and then showing a man (her mate? Brother? Postman????) who looks very much like Brandon when he was younger.

However, she doesn’t have any other evidence of Brandon on her TikTok or Instagram, so really who knows what he’s been up to since Nativity.

Featured image via Netflix and Instagram @benwilby__