Cooking shows and YouTube: Here’s what the cast of Sister, Sister are up to now

Go home, Roger!

If you’re like me and love to indulge in 90s nostalgia, you will likely be aware that all seasons of Sister, Sister have been put onto Netflix, and I can’t thank the TV bingeing gods enough. Now if you have no idea what I’m on about, I’m slightly disappointed but let me bring you up to speed. Sister, Sister was a US sitcom back in the nineties with an all-black cast, that brought something different to the world of American sitcoms.

It’s been 21 years since the show last aired and the cast has moved onto some pretty big things. Tamera Mowry-Housley has been the co-host on the American talk show, The Real, for the past seven years. Her sister, Tia, has her own cooking show.

Here’s what the cast of Sister, Sister have been up to since the show.

Tia Landry – Tia Mowry-Hardrict

Tia Landry was the responsible and mature twin, the straight-A student who lived with her adoptive mother, Lisa on the other side of Detroit.

Following the success of Sister, Sister, Tia went onto do more joint projects with her twin including Disney’s Twitches and Twitches Too. She has gone onto star in Nickelodeon’s Instant Mom as well as currently, her own cooking show Tia Mowry at Home. Tia has been married since 2008 and has two children with her husband Cory Hardrict.

Tamera Campbell – Tamera Mowry-Housley

Tamera Campbell was seemingly the opposite from her twin in the show, being slightly more impulsive and ‘boy-crazy’ than her sister. She was raised by her adoptive father, Ray, and was very protective of him.

Since starring alongside her twin, Tamera Mowry has gone onto star in films A Christmas Miracle, Christmas Angel, and co-hosted the American daytime talk show The Real for seven years. Tamera has been married to her husband Adam Housley for nine years and has two children. They have a family youtube channel, The Housley Life with a series of cooking and Q&A videos.

Lisa Landry – Jackée Harry

Jackée Harry played the no-nonsense fashion designer and adopted mother of Tia in the sitcom. With her humour peaking at Ray’s expense. Harry won the NAACP Image Awards for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series for her role in the show in 1999 and 2000.

Jackée Harry has since starred in Everybody Hates Chris, A Husband for Christmas, and the 2o18 film, My Christmas Inn where she reunited with her co-stars, Tia Mowry and Tim Reid.

Ray Campbell – Tim Reid

Ray Cambell was Tamera’s adoptive father who ran his own limousine service. Despite being Tamera’s father, his intellect and wit were very similar to Tia’s. With a dysfunctional, love-hate relationship with Lisa, the pair never faulted to provide comedic genius in their scenes together.

After starring in the show, Tim Reid went on to star in That ’70s Show and Greenleaf.

Roger Evans – Marques Houston

I can still hear GO HOME ROGER ring in my ears after re-watching every episode. Marques Houston played the ever so smooth Roger Evans, the twins annoying next-door neighbour who at one point or another in an episode was told to leave however matures into a friend of the twins.

Houston has since created a successful music career for himself, releasing six albums, but has still kept up his acting career. Featuring in several films including Somebody Help Me and Somebody Help Me 2.

Related stories recommended by this cast:

Quiz: Can you guess which Netflix show these savage Google reviews are about?

You can only say you’ve completed Netflix if you score 11/13 in this quiz

Quiz: Which character from Holidate on Netflix are you?