Caroline Flack’s closest friends and family are filming a documentary about her life

It will air on Channel 4

It has been announced that the family and friends of Caroline Flack are creating a documentary about the Love Island presenter’s life and career.

The one-hour film will be on Channel 4, and will share her personal and public life, as told by those who knew her best. The documentary has been described as a “moving personal tribute”. It will hear from those closest to Caroline, delving beyond the headlines to reveal the woman behind the public persona, as well as exploring the pressures that fame, mental health, press and social media had on Caroline throughout her life.

Channel 4 commissioning editor, Becky Cadman, who worked alongside Caroline Flack whilst filming The Surjury, said: “This film is about and for Caroline. A sister, daughter, friend and one of the most successful TV presenters in the country.

“She openly and honestly shared her struggles with fame and how it impacted her mental health. A rollercoaster life told through the memories of the people who knew her best, Caroline’s family and friends, we hope this will be a fitting tribute to her.”

Caroline Flack, documentary, latest, release, Channel 4

via Instagram

Channel 4 Commissioning Editor, Lee McMurray, added: “After working closely with Caroline throughout 2019, we agreed to make a film with her that would tell her story and reveal what it’s like to live in the glare of such intense scrutiny. Sadly, that film will never be made. We hope this project will be a testament to Caroline’s character, work and legacy, and we’re deeply grateful to her family and friends for their involvement.”

Executive producer, Dov Freedman, said: “Caroline was a hugely talented star and we hope this film will honour the commitment we made to her, by telling her story frankly and honestly.”

Caroline Flack passed away aged 40 in February this year. A release date for the Caroline Flack documentary is yet to be confirmed, but it is expected on Channel 4 later this year.