A Pretty Little Liars reboot is coming from the Riverdale creator

Seriously who thought this was a good idea?

A Pretty Little Liars reboot is officially happening thanks to the creator of Riverdale, Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, who will be writing the new series.

The new show will feature new characters and storylines, so does this mean that there will no Alison Dilaurentis and co? The show does not currently have an air date or network attached, but it’s thought HBO Max is the target to create the show with.

Pretty Little Liars was an increasingly wild and at times very ridiculous show, and now with the Riverdale creator working on a new series who knows what is going to happen in Rosewood.

It is unknown if the show’s creator, I. Marlene King, will take part in the new show’s production but Alloy Entertainment’s Leslie Morgenstein and Gina Girolamo will serve as executive producers on the show.

Pretty Little Liars’ first season originally aired 10 years in 2010 and went on for seven series and had numerous A’s. The show had two spin-offs Pretty Little Liars: Ravenswood, which had Caleb trying to survive in that creepy town and Pretty Little Liars: The Perfectionists. Both spin-offs only had one season.

And after the news of the reboot a lot of people on Twitter have thoughts about yet another Pretty Little Liars spin off. Mainly “who asked for this?” and hasn’t the show suffered enough after seven seasons?

I’m still recovering from the disastrous ending.