This is how much it would cost to live in the most popular houses from Netflix shows

We can only dream

Have you ever watched a Netflix show and spent the majority of the time eyeing up the houses and wondering what it would be like to live in them? Same. We all have.

Some of the houses in Netflix original shows are beyond unreal. I mean, some of them are absolutely gross too and you couldn’t pay anyone enough money to live there, but a lot of them are stunning. Like, I would die to live in Jen’s house from Dead To Me, I could only dream of being able to afford the Price’s family home in The Stranger and don’t even get me started on the amount of times I’ve Googled Otis’ house on Sex Education and wondered how many years I’ll have to work for so I can afford it. Hell, I even think I’d give Joe’s apartment in You a go if it was offered to me.

But did you know, you can actually live in a lot of these houses. Art Windows & Doors has found the 10 most searched for (dreamed about) houses from Netflix original shows and found out how much it would cost to live in them in real life.

Dead To Me – Jen’s house

Cost: £2.5m / $3m

Netflix, houses, filming locations, home, cost, real life, ranked, original, series, Dead To Me

via Google Maps

Jen’s home is located in Laguna Hills during the series, but the real home is located in Sherman Oaks. The property does not feature a guest house, filming of the guest house was an addition in the studio. It’s a five bedroom home that was built in the 1960s with four and a half bathrooms and dramatically high ceilings.

Ozark – The Byrde House

Cost: £554,123 / $675,471

Bryde, Ozark, real life, cost

via Netflix

In real life, The Byrde family home isn’t by the Lake of the Ozarks, but rather by Lake Lanier in Flowery Branch, Georgia. It’s worth a cool half a million and has three bedrooms and two bathrooms.

The Stranger – The Price House

Cost: £1.45m / $1.7m

The family in The Stranger live in the 4,500 square feet, detached Grade II-listed property on Didsbury Park, off Wilmslow Road, named Park End House. It’s the most expensive house in the area.

The home is next door to a four-star Victorian town house hotel and had previously been used as a halls of residence for students, before being renovated.

Sex Education – Jean & Otis’ house

Cost: £691,000 / $841,981

Netflix, houses, filming locations, home, cost, real life, ranked, original, series, Sex Education, Jean, Otis, Milburn

via Netflix

You’re lying if you say you watched Sex Education and didn’t dream of moving in with Jean and Otis. The Milburn household is in the Wye Valley, Wales. In real life the house is actually a bed and breakfast chalet and they have their own Instagram account which shares loads of beaut pics of the house. According to Zoopla, it’s worth around £700,000.

Stranger Things – Wheeler House

Cost: £228,703 / $281,831

Netflix, houses, filming locations, home, cost, real life, ranked, original, series, Stranger Things, Wheeler

via Google Maps

The Wheeler household is the cheapest of the most popular houses from Netflix original shows, costing just £228k. Given that Hawkins isn’t a real place, the real house is located on Piney Wood Lane in East Point of Georgia. The house has four bedrooms and two bathrooms.

Haunting of Hill House

Cost: £1.2m / $1.5m

Haunting of Hill House, cost, real life

via Netflix

Yeah, you probably wouldn’t want to live here. But if you really wanted to, you could for £1.2million. The Haunting of Hill House was filmed in Atlanta, Georgia. Exteriors of the Hill House were shot at the Bisham Manor in LaGrange. The property is an impressive 1920’s English Tudor-style mansion with six bedrooms and nine bathrooms. It is usually used for weddings and similar guest-hosting functions.

Grace and Frankie – The Beach House

Cost: £8.9m / $11m

Grace and Frankie, The Beach House

via Netflix

The incredible beach house in Grace and Frankie is the most expensive of all the Netflix original most popular houses. It costs a whopping £8.9million in real life. The luxury, five bedroom and six bathroom property is located at 31 212 Broad Beach Road in Malibu, California. According to Zillow, the unique beach house was last sold for 15 million dollars in 2006. The estimate is around 11 million dollars now, but it did reach 20 million in 2019.

Fuller House

Cost: £2.4m / $3m

Netflix, houses, filming locations, home, cost, real life, ranked, original, series, Fuller House

via Netflix

The real house that is shown in Fuller House is located at 1709 Broderick St in San Francisco and it was used for exterior shots only. According to Arts Windows & Doors, a real estate agent who sold houses on Broderick St estimated that the house would easily sell for over $3 million, and maybe even $3.5 million with some renovations. The home is a four-bedroom Victorian house, with an attic and outdoor spaces in the prime Lower Pacific Heights neighbourhood.

Riverdale – Archie’s House

Cost: £1.6m / $2m

Netflix, houses, filming locations, home, cost, real life, ranked, original, series, Riverdale

via Google Maps

You’ll find the yellow house that Archie once shared with his father at 2037 E. 3rd Avenue, Grandview-Woodland, British Columbia, Canada. Betty’s house is not located next door either, in fact, she lived quite away from Archie’s house. Her house is located in Westminster. The price may seem expensive, but Vancouver is said to be the most expensive place to live in Canada.

YOU – Joe’s LA Apartment

Netflix, houses, filming locations, home, cost, real life, ranked, original, series, apartment, Joe, You, season two

via Zillow

Cost: £1,372 / $1,695 pcm to rent

Yes, Joe’s apartment in the second season of You is real and you can actually live there – if for some reason you’d want that. The apartment is located at 1830 Winona Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA, USA. The one bedroom flat is only available to rent and the inside is slightly bleak. Check it out here.

For all the latest Netflix news, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.