QUIZ: Should I do a panic Master’s or should I just grow up and cut the cord?

Look, if this legally binding quiz can’t help you, I don’t know what can

You’re in third year. You’ve been relentlessly slapped round the face with strikes and now a global pandemic has come and cucked you just as you were about to seal the deal with a banging last few nights out, fire diss hand-in pic, Summer ball and graduation. It’s awful. I know what you’re thinking: “Should I do a Master’s?” But put down the Master’s. Put it down. Don’t make any rash decisions. You need to be one hundred per cent sure of what you’re doing before you get into this.

“Wouldn’t it be great if someone could just make some kind of test… some kind of… quiz… to tell me what to do” you say. I appear, grey and wizened, walking with a cane, and pass this to you. I tell you to be careful with the knowledge you wield. I’m the ghost of panic Master’s future. One jagerbomb and 15,000 words too many made me this way. “Take this quiz, it will help you”, I say. “But take it with care, do not take it in vain”. I disappear in a puff of smoke. You know what you have to do.

Related stories recommended by the grey and wizened person with the cane:

How to get 100 likes on your dissertation hand in pic when you’re stuck at home

Lost grad jobs and panic Masters: We spoke to final years graduating with nowhere to go

These are all the ridiculous and unnecessary items people are buying in lockdown