Lord Alan Sugar says The Apprentice is cancelled this year
The contestants will get to come back in 2021
Lord Alan Sugar said on Twitter The Apprentice has been cancelled for 2020.
He said the candidates for the next series have already been selected but the show will not come out until either Spring 2021 or October 2021. I can’t wait that long Alan!
On Twitter Lord Sugar was asked by one of his followers if the show was cancelled this year, they asked: “Is the Apprentice cancelled this year, Lord? Sorry if you have already answered that.”
Lord Sugar replied: “Yes I guess so. Could be back in Spring 2021 or skip a whole year and back in October 2021.”
— Lord Sugar (@Lord_Sugar) April 12, 2020
He also said the BBC had selected candidates in March who will be ready to go once filming can start.
He said: “The BBC has a selection of candidates ready to go from the last recruitment process in March. They will be called on once we have the green sign to start filming @bbcapprentice.”
Due to the current situation the BBC made the decision to cancel filming earlier this year including two trips abroad. A spokesperson for the BBC said: “After much consideration, Boundless the producers of The Apprentice, have postponed filming in consultation with and supported by the BBC.
“We will continue to review all productions on a case by case basis and will continue to follow the latest news and advice from the Foreign Office, World Health Organisation and Public Health England.”
And unfortunately they won’t be making up for lost time by producing two shows for next year. One Twitter user asked Lord Sugar if there was potential for two series next year and he said “Doubt it”. Well there goes my dream.
Featured image credit: BBC/Boundless