These 13 memes from last night’s debate prove we’re living in a dystopian hellscape
Lol how did Britain ever run the world? We’re a mess
Last night, ITV held a General Election debate between Boris Johnson and Jeremy Corbyn. Then an hour later showed all the other leaders being interviewed individually.
But the highlight of the night wasn't what the leaders said. The memes about the debate and the official Conservative Twitter account temporarily transforming into a "checking profile" stole the limelight instead.
These 13 memes from last night's debate prove we're living in a dystopian hellscape:
1. Someone made a parody Italian CCHQ account and it's hilarious
2. Mamma miaaa!!!
3. No but seriously, can we get Italian Elon Musk back or
So for reference they took away the verification and suspended the account of a guy who changed his profile to say “Italian Elon Musk” and tweeted “eyy whoa I’m buildin a hyperloop heeah” but the Tories apparently did nothing wrong?
— Nate Bethea (@inthesedeserts) November 20, 2019
4. This tweet is golden
5. And then it actually made it on BBC News lmao
Im deleting my account pic.twitter.com/Hegbw53NuJ
— the meme regretter (@HKesvani) November 20, 2019
6. !!! Genuinely thought this one was true
7. Hahahahha *puts clown make up on and votes for Lib Dems*
for those who didn't catch the reference pic.twitter.com/x6EWlbnUrV
— Corbyn's Candidate (@HeftyLeftie) November 20, 2019
— ? The Election Leftorium ?️ (@LeftoriumThe) November 19, 2019
9. Oh wait, not sure this one is a meme and now it's depressing
laughter in the crowd at the thought of a four day week, laughter at the thought of a life that doesn’t resolve around working yourself to death. nation of bootlickers, born to serve
— jack? (@tankiejack) November 19, 2019
10. Well this isn't a lie!
bending down to a small homeless child outside the Guardian office and whispering “I am sorry for your plight but I simply cannot vote for a man who has an allotment” And striding off in a big coat
— ian mighty (@iammightor) November 19, 2019
11. Ah yes, Lib Dems, the famous backers for us to remain in the EU and er – *checks notes* …nuclear annihilation?
?♂️ I have to be honest. I’m totally confused by this lib dem targeted ad. pic.twitter.com/I4GnTvHSob
— Gary McQuiggin (@ggaaarrryyyy) November 20, 2019
12. I just want Love Island back, Ovie for PM
ITV should just stick to what they do best: The Chase and Love Island
— lucy (@lucehw) November 19, 2019
13. Yeah this is all a bit fascisty isn't it pals???
This has all gone a bit fucking North Korea for my taste lads
— James Felton (@JimMFelton) November 19, 2019