Image may contain: Crowd, Man, Human, Face, Person

Everything Michael’s said about Amber since leaving the villa

Here’s the tea

After being dumped from Love Island, Michael has said he cherishes Amber's friendship and wants to get back with Joanna.

The Liverpudlian firefighter and partner Francesca were booted off last night, as he failed to win Amber back and the unlikely pair were forced together in the recoupling.

Since leaving, he's been doing the rounds and said a few things about Amber. Here they are:

Actually, Michael is glad Amber didn't choose him in the recoupling

"I always knew that she wasn't going to and I am quite glad that she didn't," he told The Sun.

"It would put too much pressure on her to try and forgive me too soon, it would have been the wrong choice for her and we both agreed on that."

He said he didn't make any 'personal mistakes'

Even with all the drama, Michael has no regrets. "Everything I did was for me, but did I go about things in the right way? Not all the time. But I have reconciled things with Amber and at the end of the day I’m only human.

"People make mistakes. I always said to Amber I never wanted to hurt her."

Despite initial doubts, he can see things working out for Amber and Greg

"I did say I didn’t see Amber and Greg lasting but having spoken to her since I have seen more of them and seen how nice he is. Any conversation I’ve had with him has been really sweet and he has been so respectful about the situation," he said.

"I said she needs to get to know him and give him a chance. Having seen them together more I see it working. He makes her smile and makes her laugh and she hasn’t instantly put her walls up with him.

Although, heartbreakingly, he says: "When I see him make her smile, it makes me smile".

He wouldn't change any of the recouplings

"Yewande helped me realise what a nice girl she was and we got on really well as time went on. I wouldn’t change anything with Amber and Joanna. I wanted to couple up with Joanna as the interest was there.

"And ending things in a couple with Francesca – I never realised how funny she was until that recoupling."

He considers Amber a friend

Michael says some of his top highlights from the villa were "making a friend in Amber, and also finding Joanna.

He also loved the boys. "Anton from day one I knew would be a great friend – when he said he wanted to couple up with me, I knew we would get along really well," he said. "I also had great bonds with Danny, Jordan, Curtis and Tommy."

And is actually quite cute about her

Speaking to The Sun about Amber and Greg being together, Michael said: "Seeing that actually makes me quite happy. That's the cherry on top of the cake really as it made me realise that I do actually cherish Amber’s friendship. I am really happy that she is happy now."

Not speaking to Amber after Casa Amor was 'challenging'

Asked about his worst villa moment, Michael sad: "Probably when Casa Amor happened and me and Amber fell out.

"Not actually speaking to her was really challenging. We were really good friends and I felt like, because of the tension between us and the fact I was trying to move on with Joanna, it made it a lot harder. Getting past that was difficult."

He's going to try and talk to Joanna…

"But," he said, "I know that she’ll have seen what’s gone on and I hope she understands I needed to make up to Amber.

"There was always going to be a natural draw between me and Amber because of how friendly we were. I did think about Joanna every day that she wasn’t there. She was always on my mind and I will try to speak to her."

Which is awkward, because Joanna revealed this morning that "for me, there won't be any going back."