Image may contain: Portrait, Photography, Photo, Head, Face, Human, Person

Ok, who is this Young Signorino rapper and why can’t I stop listening to him

His tattoos cannot be real

Sometimes the internet is a weird place. Like when everyone went wild for doctors doing surgery on a grape, or everyone was saying My Yé is different to your Yé, or couldn't stop listening to Vitas – that odd Russian singer who basically just makes noises and flicks his tongue. But this week in the-internet-making-me-question-my-own-sanity, it's an Italian rapper named Young Signorino. A video of his is all over social media, and I don't know whether I'm more confused by the lyrics, his tattoos, or just everything that is going on??

Firstly, you need to watch his music video

The song people are talking about is "Mmh ha ha ha" – which in itself is a questionable song title. The whole video is a journey – it's like the most psychedelic trip you'll ever have, the sort of thing you listen to with your mates hungover then can't stop talking about.

A Facebook post of the video has gone viral, getting over 15 million views. People in the comments are sharing their opinions on him: "Amazing how he only has tattoos on his face…If I didn't know any better, I would say he's screaming for attention or something."

And others about the song itself: "I like it better than most mainstream music today that’s for sure! It’s original and creative compared to what I hear on the radio most times!"

One person has translated the video, and says the lyrics are, "according to Google Translate: I'm pointing with my finger, There, there, there, there, there, Slapping while he laughs, Mmh ha ha ha, I eat, I eat sweets, Yum yum yum yum, Africa, good wine, Ku ku ku ku ku ku, I do not like this girl, Nah nah nah nah nah, I want the type of guy, Uh uh uh uh uh uh uh, Yes, I already left her pregnant".

Another said: "I'm just searching the comments for an explanation of what this is and I've yet to see one. Still in the dark. This is cringeworthy tho". Relatable.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BptpBVOFHKV

Who is Young Signorino?

He is an Italian trap artist, famous for his tattooed face and how he raises so much controversy. He has been called the "most debated rapper right now". He's has a two-year-old child, and is himself 20-years-old.

Image may contain: Head, Person, Human, Face

Young Signorino in the "Mmh ha ha ha" video

The Italian media can't decide if he is "true art, discomfort or pure marketing". His Instagram has been banned before because of the nature of the content he was putting out. He is described as "the Cesena boy [who in less than two years] went from being a Mr Nobody, to the symbol of the new rap scene, the Italian trap scene, a rising star capable of using every means to get where he's now."

He claims to be the son of Satan, an Italian Marilyn Manson, and his video uploads get seas of negative comments. He always references drugs and alcohol in his songs, part of one of his songs literally translates to "drink drink drink mixed mixed mixed". Apparently his social media is the same, he's said to have posted before "cigarettes, heavy drugs, any one of you and the risk of coma in 24 hours".

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn_SAp8CKcg

In an interview with the Italian version of The Rolling Stones magazine he said his stage name came after he left the coma he was in aged 17 – which was caused from an overdose of psychedelic drugs. "I did it on purpose to have fun and see if I could change personality. And so indeed it was", he said.

The Mmh ha ha ha video is said to be the video that made him so debated. He's either the rapper people love, or the one that has "killed Italian music".

Let's address the real question here, surely those tattoos aren't real?!

His tattoos are the sort you think are great, but your mum is in your ear telling you you'll regret them when you're older. He has "sex sex sex" across his neck, "love everybody" under one eye, "kiss me" under his lip and a dagger by one ear – and that's just a few. There are even Italian YouTube videos discussing the meanings of his tattoos.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnUhw1HBEdX

Why is everyone talking about this song?

In true Vitas style, it's a catchy, slightly weird song that has captured people's attention and now we can't stop listening to him. The general mood is people are very confused.

It says a lot that when you search for this song on YouTube, the recommended next songs are usually Vitas, What Does The Fox Say and PPAP (Pen Pineapple, Apple Pen) – we can't be going there again.

Additional questions I have about all this

Why do I love this song so much? I'm addicted and I just can't stop watching this video and laughing at memes of it.

Where did he get his jeans from? I've never seen jeans where the bottom just sort of flaps off? They defo aren't your standard Topshop Joni.