Willoughby Hall fresher dies after collapsing in halls

Our thoughts go out to his friends and family

A first year in Willoughby has sadly died just days before the end of term.

A hall porter told Impact magazine yesterday how the Economics first year had died after being rushed to hospital. Details of his death are not yet known.

Fellow students in the hall told The Tab when news of his passing filtered in to friends that evening the University were quick to respond, sending counsellors to talk to the students that had gathered on the grass outside.

Police later arrived to collect the students belongings.

Our thoughts are with the friends and family of the first year during this tragic time.

A university spokesperson said: “On Tuesday we were alerted that a 19-year-old student had collapsed at Willoughby Hall of residence on our University Park campus. He was taken to hospital but sadly died.

“Our thoughts are with the family at this very difficult time. Specialist support is being offered to all students and staff members affected. Police are not treating the death as suspicious.”

Police told The Tab: “Nottinghamshire Police were called just after 10.45am on Tuesday 16 June 2015 following the sudden death of a 19-year old man at Willoughby Hall in University Park, Nottingham.

“The death is not being treated as suspicious. A file has been passed to the coroner.”

If you have been affected by this news, please contact the University Counselling Service by telephoning 0115 951 3695 or emailing [email protected], or the Chaplaincy, found in room C1 on the C Floor of the Portland Building, both of whom are available to offer help and support.