What London rent prices could get you elsewhere in the UK

If you live in the capital, this is going to make you sad

For most people, it’s no surprise that living in London is expensive.

According to a recent study, students at London unis such as UCL, Imperial and LSE are paying as much as £212 a week (around £850 a month) for accommodation.

With that in mind, we thought we’d see what £850 a month could get you elsewhere in the country.

London, £850pcm

This pokey double room, in Shoreditch, will set you back an eye-watering £850 a month.

Tenants would have to share with a couple, although the flat does come fully furnished.

Manchester, £850pm

For the same price, this “luxury” flat is also fully-furnished and includes a concierge service.

The real draw, though, is the rest of the building – namely an on-site gym, a spa and a 20-metre rooftop swimming pool.

Leeds, £752pm

Billed as student accommodation, this vast studio apartment comes with en-suite rooms, open-plan kitchens, laundry service and even an on-site cinema.

Brighton, £800/£900pm

If the roof terrace isn’t enough, these double rooms are located near the seafront and include all bills and a cleaner in the price.

Newcastle, £600/£700pm

This quayside apartment includes parking, an open-plan living room and a balcony with river views.

Bristol, £756pm

Another high-quality halls with an on-site cinema and gym, these one-person studio flats are a ten minute walk away from the uni.

Cardiff, £700pm

Not only does this flat come fully-furnished with antique furniture and “a secluded garden to chill with a glass of wine or a good book,” you literally get your breakfast and dinner cooked for you.

Belfast, £725pm

Looking more like an upmarket hotel than a flat, this city centre property comes with a “glazed balcony”, a video security system and a futuristic garden courtyard which looks like something out of High Rise.

Glasgow, £850pm

If this isn’t the loveliest one-bed flat of all time, we don’t know what is.