Uni of York has unleashed a scheme to donate bikes to Ukrainian refugees in York

You can donate your old bike to be collected on campus

The University of York has unleashed a scheme to donate second-hand bikes to Ukrainian refugees in York.

Unwanted bikes can be collected from campus and rehomed to York-based Ukrainian refugees.

The University of York said: “Donating your unwanted bicycle will support people to become more independent and move into the next stages of their lives.”

Those wishing to donate a bike can do so by filling out this form. The scheme is looking for bicycles in good working order, or with minimal repairs needed.

The University can also remove locks from bikes if needed.

Other ways the University has shown support for Ukraine include confirming it does not have any Russian donors, working to “provide a place of safety” for academics displaced by the war and by holding a vigil for Ukraine on campus.

For more information on this scheme please contact [email protected].

Ways you can help the people of Ukraine include remaining informed on the situation and vigilant about information shared on social mediadonating money to verified organisations and providing supplies for Ukrainian residentsFor more information about how you can get involved, click here.