Morrisons are offering 24 hour deliveries to isolating York students

Delivery costs have been reduced by £3

In a new partnership between the University of York and Morrisons, a new 24 hour food delivery hotline has opened up, in order to support self isolating students at the university.

For students that are isolating, ordering and managing your food can be tough. As part of the university’s pledge to support students through the impacts of Covid-19, the new partnership seeks to offer support to any students self isolating due to a positive test or any student who has been in contact with anyone else testing positive.

The Director of Commercial Services at the University of York , Jon Greenwood,  highlighted how difficult it can be for students to receive essential supplies when they are isolating:

“We all know how difficult it can be to get access to necessary supplies, such as food and household goods, in these challenging times and to do so safely.”

It can be worrying for students, particularly first years whom have only just left home, to have to organise supplies they need whilst in isolation. Jon also said:

“It is important that our students, and particularly for those living away from home for the first time, do not feel they have to worry or face any barriers to accessing the basic supplies for themselves and the home.

“We are pleased to be working with Morrisons on this 24 hour hotline, enabling our students to order and receive food and other household goods quickly and safely.”

The hotline is available now for students needing supplies, you can reach it by ringing 0345 611 6111 and using option five when asked.

The cost of deliveries has also been reduced for students, with a reduction of £3 for deliveries for students that are isolating.

For more information visit the University of York Covid-19 Support Pages.