Image may contain: Portrait, Flower, Blossom, Petal, Photography, Photo, Vegetation, Nature, Female, Pedestrian, Path, Outdoors, Plant, Tree, Face, Lighting, Clothing, Apparel, Person, Human

These are all the things you can do in York over Christmas

York is one of the best cities in England to stay over the Christmas holidays, so why not make the most of the events on this month…

York is one of the best cities in England to stay over the Christmas holidays and there is plenty going on.

We're here to help you have lots of festive fun!

York Christmas Market

If you haven’t done already, have a look around the Christmas market in York. The quaint crafty stalls sell everything from wooden reindeers to cheese, all of which you can browse whilst drinking a hot mulled wine or a bailey’s hot chocolate (what’s not to love??). We recommend visiting in the late afternoon/evening to make the most of the festive lights for a perfect insta post.

Image may contain: Bazaar, Shop, Market, Downtown, City, Building, Metropolis, Town, Urban, Night Life, Pedestrian, Person, Human

Festive film screenings

New to York this month is a weekly festive film screening at Sparks. Entry to these events are free (!!) and you have access to blankets, great food and – of course, bevs. The first film of the month was an absolute classic, "Love Actually," so we know the films to come later in the month are going to be great. Honestly, whoever’s idea this was deserves a pay raise.

Image may contain: Banister, Handrail, Flooring, Building, Human, Person

Sparks, York.

Ice skating

Finish 2018 off in style by channeling your inner Torvell & Dean at the Designer Outlet’s ice rink. The majority of us will be clinging onto the side walls and shuffling slowly around but its worth it to watch our friends struggling harder on the ice than their last assignment. Yet, whether you’re a first-timer or pro on the ice, this trip out is really worth it for the Christmas-y mems.

Everyone’s Black Friday should include a post shopping skate? #yorkshireswinterwonderland #iceskating #yorkdesigneroutlet #blackfriday #weekend

Posted by Yorkshire's Winter Wonderland on Friday, November 23, 2018

Image may contain: Lighting, Christmas Tree, Ornament, Rink, Ice Skating, Skating, Sports, Sport, Tree, Plant, Human, Person

Festive cocktails

If ice-skating is just not your style, we’re sure the festive cocktails menus around the York bars will be more up your street. The Chocolate Orange Espresso Martini and Winter Pornstar Martini at All-Bar-One are reason alone to go on a festive bar crawl this month. Most of these menus are limited edition, so make the most of them while they last!!

“Gin tree” the best way to start your Christmas spirit! Available at our bars! xx ????

Posted by Lucia Wine Bar & Grill on Wednesday, November 14, 2018

York Castle Museum ft. Santa

For those of you interested in history, the York Castle Museum has kitted out its Victorian high street for Christmas so you can discover how the holiday was celebrated back then – complete with gingerbread making classes, carolling and actors.

And if you have made it off the naughty list (we saw the Wednesday salvos pics) Santa is dropping by the castle too and is open to visitors– if you’re into that.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas now the snow has started falling here in York!We love a festive flurry, but if you'd like to stay warm and dry then a visit to our beautiful Victorian street is a must! Stroll the cobbles of Kirkgate to discover how the season would have been celebrated 150 years ago. tinyurl.com/ycm-xmas17

Posted by York Castle Museum on Thursday, November 30, 2017

Kuda Christmas Jumper night

On the 14th December, Kuda is hosting a ‘Christmas Jumper’ night and as far as we’re concerned, it’s a perfect solution to normally standing freezing in the queue. Tonight's the night to focus on the pull-over, not the pull. So, find your most ridiculous Christmas jumper and wear it proudly, because honestly – no one’s even going to remember you were wearing a light up, singing, bright green outfit after all their drinks.

Image may contain: People, Beard, Footwear, Clothing, Apparel, Shoe, Person, Face, Human

Make your outfit as festively intense as his stare.