Warwick ranked 17th most international uni in the world

Warwick hit the top 20 in THE world rankings of international unis

Times Higher Education World University has ranked Warwick as the 17th most international university in the world.

Approximately a third of Warwick students are international and programs such as the IFE encourage interaction with universities across the globe.

Half of the universities in the top 20 were in the UK, and Warwick placed 8th among this list. The rankings are indicated by industry income, teaching, citations, research and international outlook.

Phil Baty, editor of Times Higher Education World University Rankings said: “A university’s global outlook is key to its success on the world stage. The world’s top universities attract undergraduates, postgraduates and faculty from all over the planet and collaborate on research with leading scholars and departments wherever they happen to be based. They also have a brand that is respected both locally and by leading figures spanning the global academy.

“Congratulations to all universities that make this list – being named one of the most international universities in the world is a fantastic achievement and a sign of great potential, competitiveness and dynamism.”

Chemistry student Oliver Jones commented: “I’m glad that Warwick is global reaching and attracts the brightest students from across the world. I’m so happy I’ve been able to meet people from places all across the world- it completely changes your uni experience.”