Top dogs: Warwick ranked as top West Midlands university

University is rising again.

The combined Times and Sunday Times’ University Guide has ranked Warwick as the top university in the West Midlands area.

Warwick was also ranked in the top ten universities in the UK by the same guide.

In the West Midlands sector Warwick trumped long-standing neighbour University of Birmingham, who finished a respectable second place, and local Varsity rivals Coventry University, falling behind in fifth.

This is the 16th year in a row that Warwick has been named the best West Midlands university, ever since The Times started publishing their university guide.

The Times and Sunday Times University Guide is one of the most prestigious in the UK

To accompany the ranking The Times/Sunday Times made the following commentary: “The University of Warwick is still the top dog in the West Midlands.

The most successful of the baby boomer universities of the 1960s, Warwick has never been outside of the top ten in The Sunday Times or The Times university league tables – a feat it has managed to maintain in the new combined guide. It also ranks third globally in the new top 50 universities aged under 50 list in the QS World University Rankings.”

Time to let the smugness sink in…