It’s official: The University of Sheffield is one of the top 100 universities in the world

It was awarded 95th place

The University of Sheffield has been ranked among the top 100 universities in the world.

It received 95th place in the QS World University Rankings 2022 and has been ranked 17th in the UK.

As well, the university is also considered the second-best in Yorkshire and Humber.

Sheffield University was ranked highest in two internationalisation categories. They scored 98.1 for international student ratio and 83.7 for international faculty ratio.

Professor Mary Vincent, Vice-president for Education at the University of Sheffield said: “This reaffirms our position as a top 100 global university.

“The recognition of our diverse community, which includes over 140 nationalities on campus, reflects our commitment to ensuring our city continues to make staff and students from around the world feel welcome.”

Five British universities made it to the top 20 in the QS World University Rankings.

The University of Cambridge was awarded joint third place and Oxford University climbed from fifth to second place in this year’s rankings.

Imperial College London and University College London (UCL) both made it into the top 20 universities in the world rankings.

Edinburgh University, which was also in the top 20, climbed from 20th place to 16th.