Image may contain: Smile, Portrait, Face, Person, People, Human

Here are 10 acts you should make sure to see at Tramlines next month

Don’t miss out on this lot

Described as Sheffield's biggest ever party, Tramlines Festival will take place next month at its new 40,000-capacity home of Hillsborough Park.

With a strong line up across three days, both at the park and Fringe venues across the city, there is no shortage of choice.

To help you narrow it down and plan your weekend, here are our picks of who you should see between 20 and 22 July.

Milburn (Friday, Tramlines Stage)

Rising to fame at the same time as Arctic Monkeys, local lads Milburn made a comeback in 2016 with a huge run of sold out O2 Academy Sheffield shows. Classics like Storm In A Teacup and Send In The Boys are bound to get you bouncing as the festival kicks off on Friday evening.

It has been announced that this will be their last show for a while, so make sure that you don't miss out on your Milburn fix when they perform on the main stage before Stereophonics and Everything Everything.

Reverend & The Makers (Saturday, Tramlines Stage)

Sheffield’s very own are returning to Tramlines again this year, although this doesn’t mean you should give them a miss. Fronted by avid Owls supporter, Jon McClure, who is also teaming up with the Leadmill in curating Sunday’s line-up on the Leadmill Stage, Rev and the Makers are not ones to hold back when it comes to live performances.

An energetic set that will certainly have you in the right mood for the rest of the day, with fan favourites such as Bassline and Heavyweight Champion of the World, this is one act you certainly shouldn’t pass on.

Cassia (Saturday, Plug)

Cassia bring their African inspired indie pop to bolster an already superb line-up at Plug, acting as one of many free venues on Tramlines Fringe. Coming to Sheffield as an addition to their hectic headline touring schedule, Cassia are certain to be making waves this summer.

Come this time next year, they could be playing a far larger stage with rumours of a debut album in the pipeline after the band signed to Distiller Records last May. Cassia’s ability to transport your mind from a sweaty, dark room in Plug to sunset on a beach in the Caribbean makes their set not one to be missed. Their unique style is perfect for fans of King No-One or Wavin’ Flag, undisputedly the greatest 2010 World Cup song.

Coasts (Saturday, Tramlines Stage)

If you're looking for some quintessential indie-pop this year, then you should definitely check out Coasts at the main stage on Saturday afternoon. The 5-piece played a sold out gig at Leadmill during Freshers' Week last year and are now back in Sheffield to take their energetic show to a bigger audience.

If you've ever watched Made in Chelsea you'll recognise tracks such as Oceans and Heart Starts Beating, but it's safe to say that Coasts have a lot more to offer than just background music. If your idea of a perfect Saturday afternoon is with a tinny in-hand, jumping around to some catchy high-energy indie-pop then Coasts are the band for you.

Henning Wehn (Saturday, The Leadmill Comedy)

As incredible as jumping around for hours to some of the best music Sheffield has to offer, sometimes you do need a bit of a break to regain your composure and recharge for later. This is where Henning Wehn at The Leadmill comes in. Having appeared on cult TV shows such as 'Live at the Apollo' and '8 out of 10 Cats', Wehn is well established as one of the funniest comedians on the scene at the moment.

Checking out this headline set provides the perfect opportunity for some hilarious respite with some guaranteed Brexit banter and lighthearted Brit-baiting. So if you're looking for a laugh, look no further than Henning Wehn at The Leadmill on Saturday.

Clean Bandit (Saturday, T'Other stage)

Clean Bandit are for everyone looking for dance and chart music. They are currently well established in the charts, earning number six for their new release Solo featuring Demi Lovato. You will more than likely refer to Clean Bandit with the song Rather Be, which is what really kick-started their fame and won them a Grammy Award.

The band overall consists of Grace Cahatto and brothers, Jack and Luke Patterson. They formed the band whilst studying at Cambridge Uni in 2008. If you catch Clean Bandit on the Saturday you won't be disappointed, we all love a bit of chart music after all don't we?

Tokio Myers (Sunday, Tramlines Stage)

Tokio Myers is famously known as Britain's Got Talent's winner in 2017; since winning he has brought out a new album, Our Generation. Tokio is a fresh and very talented artist, he brings something new to the music industry by introducing piano to an alternative genre.

Tokio is a new upcoming artist who is definitely going to go far. He reinvents classical music to a whole new genre opening it up to everyone. So, if you like classical mixed with alternative R&B then this performance is definitely not one to be missed.

The Seamonsters (Sunday, T'Other Stage)

Image may contain: Lawn, Field, Woman, Girl, Female, Blonde, Troop, Team, Soldier, Military Uniform, Military, Army, Person, People, Human

Another local act, this very talented six-piece are opening T’Other Stage on the last day of the festival. Taking inspiration from Pulp and 80s synth pop, the indie glitter sextet have racked up just over 58,000 listens on Spotify and have recently been announced to play Isle Of Wight Festival, with Truck Festival added to their summer itinerary.

Tracks such as Lost (And Found) and Max and Archie have been well acclaimed by BBC Introducing and This Feeling, making this set one not to be missed, as it won’t be long until you’re seeing them in a large venue near you.

Sheafs (Sunday, The Leadmill Stage)

Image may contain: Bench, Person, People, Human

Fresh from electrifying the Harley in what some observers have termed a real ‘I was there moment’, Sheafs give the impression of a band just waiting to explode. Their aggressive brand of alt-rock and electric live shows draw inspiration from Slaves and Royal Blood.

Despite their slightly confusing message of "this is NOT a protest", which, when watched live, seems very much like a protest (they even have signs), Sheafs can turn even the most docile crowd into a pit of sweat and aggression. Playing the Sunday on the Leadmill Stage, expertly curated by The Reverend, Jon McClure, Sheafs will attract a loyal following of like-minded rock fans. Let’s face it, if they are good enough for Rev, they are good enough for anyone.

Craig David's TS5 (Sunday, Tramlines Stage)

Sunday 22 July. Early evening. The singalongs, drinking and late nights have left you a glitter-covered shell of your former self. While you ponder your first early night in what feels like forever, "ENTER SELECTA" echoes across Hillsborough Park. You just can't resist, and race to the main stage.

Craig David is the perfect man to close out Tramlines. 7 Days was the sound of your childhood. Nothing Like This was the sound of freshers, and Fill Me In the sound of every Tuesday Club garage special. So ignore your mate trying to drag you to Jake Bugg, and prepare to dance one more time at Tramlines – there's only one man to help you chill on Sunday.

Remaining tickets for Tramlines are selling fast and available here.