Top places to skinny dip in Oxford

You should get naked and swim this Trinity. Here’s where, why and how

1. University Park: Parson’s Pleasure/Dame’s Delight

If impersonating your tutor is the kind of thing that turns you on, head to a corner of University Park known as Parson’s Pleasure/Dame’s Delight, an old favourite with the dons. It got closed in 1991, but still seems like a pretty solid choice, so why not?

Clearly not a don, he’s still got his clothes on

2. University Park: Under High Bridge

This is the bridge that goes over the River Cherwell. If you’ve got the stamina to tread water for five minutes or so, you’ll be in a great position to spring out of the water and photobomb those tourists taking cute selfies on the bridge.

Go on and ruin his selfie

3. Ornamental pond, Tom Quad, Christ Church 

Granted, this is the place where you’re most likely to get caught. The risk is high, but so is the reward. It’s true, the Koi carp might nibble you but hey, this will only rejuvenate your skin.

He wouldn’t look so demonic if he’d taken his clothes off

4. The Great Lake, Blenheim Palace

It was 1764 and Capability Brown was pretending to please the Duke, but we all know who he was really working for: naked Oxford students. He dammed up that River Glyme for us. It would be rude not to use it.

5. Worcester College Lake 

The lake is a good five minute walk from the lodge, so you’d have to be doing a lot of splashing for the porters to drag themselves away from their freshly brewed tea. But watch out for the geese, they have big beaks and you’d be naked.

Take a dip and find your balls

6. The Isis 

You’ll need to pick your moment with this one. Get it wrong, and you’ll interrupt the rowers training for Summer VIIIs. Or, get it very wrong and interrupt the competition itself. Then, there would be a distinct chance of getting called ‘Trenton’ for the rest of your time at Oxford.

7. Port Meadow

Perfect if you’re not a very strong swimmer. Just take a plunge in that massive puddle in the middle of the meadow that never seems to go away.

Just a big puddle, really

Any more great suggestions of where to strip off? Email us at: [email protected]