Best Dressed: Union Moroccan Ball

The most stylish attendees at the Union’s Moroccan ball

Last Friday, the guests of the Union ball left England behind as they stepped into the courtyard and were immediately transported to a Moroccan mirage.

The night was complete with a snake charmer, belly dancers, liquer coffee, shisha, and a full buffet of spiced Moroccan dishes. And if that didn’t satisfy the adventurous guest, a camel rodeo waited outside to given the full effect of a night in the desert.  Under the veil of the dimly lit tapestry tents, the stylish guests danced the night away to many bands with the beats that would get anyone swinging.  And to rest their feet, towers of Harlem pillows and trellised throws lined the room for dates to relax and friends to gab, while wisps of shisha billowed in from outside.

The exotic paradise theme and decadent decour called for a similarly extravagant array of attire…. And of course, the men and women of Oxford came dressed to impress.

Here are the best dressed of the evening:

With the fur trim and jacquard pattern, it’s clear this pixie cut New Yorker isn’t holding back for her first Union Ball. And she’s doing it all in high fashion.

Sticking true to the theme, she flaunts a dazzling jeweled neckline atop a bold flowing violet hue.

Green velvet blazer. Crimson scarf. Golden pocket square. This gent has all the colours added to his tux to amount to a great evening. And he clearly has the intelligence and attitude to go with it.

Before even unwrapping from the cold, this gent was dashing in his matching winter formal wear.

These guys made sure to stay true to theme and tie in some Moroccan flair to their ensembles.

This girl played it simple and chic. Her gold accessories dress up her elegant black dress, while the red lips and pulled back bun scream classic but poised.

These Moroccan queens stayed true to theme with authentic dress in a bold hue and dazzling embellishments.

This lady stuns in scarlet