Desert Island Discs: Will Hislop

Comedian, Jesus student and butt-model tells us his favourite tunes

Will Hislop is a 2nd Year historian at Jesus. The co-writer and director in last term’s ‘Some Funny’ comedy show and this week’s ‘More Funny,’ Will took time out to discuss music with The Tab.

Baz Luhrmann- Everybody’s Free To Wear Sunscreen

Will says: “Bin your holy scripture. This is the only true creed. Listen to Baz. Wear it.”

DIMMI (feat B. Lacoste) – Promesses

Will says: “A rather naughty house number with a couple of undeniably spicy sax interjections.  

Takes you all the way back to the feel good sensation of Obama 2008.  Forget Guantanamo, drones and the failures of Obamacare.  Turn it up and get fist pumping.”

Big L- Intro

Will says: “Flow to make the Ganges jealous, it’s my man Big L.  May the East Coast lyricist rest in peace, and his attitudes towards women.”

Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly – Find The Time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP-xTsx67KU

Will says: “Still can’t work out whether these lyrics are genius or unbearably pretentious.  

Regardless, I like the idea that we all make lists of cities we want to see and things we want to do with the people we love.  

And then end up crying on the sofa in soiled Y fronts, watching ‘Everybody Loves Raymond.’ (For the record I fucking hate Raymond.)”

Hot Chocolate- You Sexy Thing:

“I’ve always found it more enjoyable to run to songs that are completely unsuited to running.  

I would therefore recommend Vera Lynn, the soundtrack of Billy Elliot, or anything by Hot Chocolate.  

This tune will help you churn through the miles, and feel unbelievably sexy whilst doing it. “

More Funny’ is on at the Burton Taylor Studio Tuesday – Saturday this week. You can buy tickets for the show here.