Oxford’s recruitment woe

Oxford ranked SEVENTH in graduate recruiters list, with Warwick top.

| UPDATED getting a job oxford oxford employment should i go to oxford
We’re supposed to be one of the best universities in the world.
But in a shock new report, Oxford was ranked SEVENTH on a list of unis targeted by graduate recruiters.
The report, produced by researchers High Fliers, puts modernist backwaters Warwick, Nottingham and Manchester in the top three spots.

Warwick, the brutalist hell loved by grad recruiters

After extensive web research The Tab can confirm Warwick is not a lesser-known graduate college within Oxford, but actually a university itself.

Daniel Greenwood, an outraged Magdalen student, suggested a possible reason for this shocking result: “I think they’re intimidated by us because we’re so attractive to other employers – they assume we’ll already have better job offers.

“They just need to have more confidence in approaching us.” He went on to compare the situation to the daily hardships suffered by Samantha Brick, of MailOnline fame.

Whatever the reason for this slight, we may at least rejoice at the fact that Cambridge too was beaten into fourth by the shelf-stacking graduates at Warwick.

A University spokesperson said: “Oxford undergraduates are in great demand – and have incredible success at finding jobs.

“Oxford’s overall careers and destinations data shows that Oxford undergraduates who don’t go into further study enjoy low unemployment rates (usually around 5%), and those who go on to full-time jobs have a median salary that is 20% higher than the UK average six months after graduating.

“The number of vacancies posted with the Careers Service has grown 20% year-on-year for each of the last four years, despite the recession.”

Got that?