Spring into pink!

Spring seems to have hit Nottingham, and Rhiannon Compton has all the tips to rock it’s biggest trend.

That glimpse of sunshine that seeps through your window or those budding daffodils across the downs can only mean one thing: it’s time to ditch the oversized coat and University of Nottingham hoodie, spring has arrived!

2014 sees the rise of pink, the queen of all pastels. Whilst this colour may be associated with Barbie and Legally Blonde, this trend takes a more sophisticated twist with softer under tones and absolutely no glitter.

Don’t be shy to experiment with one or two pieces of powered pink, especially colour blocking, a trend that can be worn from head to toe. Toughen up the look with a leather jacket or wet look leggings for an edgier contrast.

Or if this look is too girly for you just go for accessories such as handbags or shoes, which can just as equally make a statement that will brighten up any lecture hall as well as adding a bit of colour to your outfit.

Here are The Tab’s tips on following the trend.

This blouse is the perfect example of incorporating this trend into your wardrobe.

Wear it tucked into a skirt for graduate interviews or for a family Sunday lunch.

Amaya is wearing a blouse from Marks & Spencer

This dust pink top has intricate flower pattern that screams spring. For a day to night look wear it to lectures with a cardigan or on a night out with wet look leggings.

The shear panelling of this top gives a sexier edge to this girly look.

Rhi is wearing a floral lace top from New Look

This body con dress is a great combination of pastel pink and colour blocking, making this outfit stand out from the crowd without reminding us of our Barbie days.

Add some heels and you are ready for cocktails at Coco Tang.

Molly is wearing a dress from Topshop

British spring time is not typically associated with scorching weather, therefore a bright candy pink jumper is the perfect investment for any student wardrobe.

Pair it with neon accessories to really make this look pop.

Emma is wearing a jumper from Topshop

Statement accessories can go a long way, and this oxford satchel is no exception.

Inject a pop of colour into your wardrobe with the classic design of Oxford satchels and be sure to stand out on campus.

Emma’s bag is from Oxford Bag Company

Spring is upon us which means that the end of semester is not too far behind. Invest in this trend with dresses like these for Society or Hall Formals.

The metallic thread gives the River Island Dress an edgier take on the pink trend, whilst the Lavish Alice dress has chiffon material and floral pattern for a more romantic vibe.

Maxi dress from River Island
Floral dress from lavishalice.com