Gale force winds to batter Notts

Notts braced for extreme weather as flood warning released for River Trent

Forecasters are predicting winds of up to 45mph and heavy rain as Nottingham prepares for the next wave of storms.

Tuesday evening is expected to be extremely windy and a flood warning has been released by the Met Office.

This winter has not been as wet as last year, but storms in October and November are likely to be repeated over the next few weeks.

Maria Penney, a second-year student, said: “It’s certainly not the weather for sunbathing is it!”

In October, Notts was hit by the storms which gripped the nation and there may be more shocking scenes like this…

It’s certainly not beach weather…

The perilously strong winds are expected to continue throughout the night and into Wednesday. It has been suggested that girls should wear bikinis to cover up at Crisis tonight.

It remains to be seen whether the heavy rain will prevent the university sports teams from tweeting #BUCSWednesday or #MustWinWednesday fourteen times each, but we can all cross our fingers.

Further rain and wind warnings are set to be released in the coming days, with the Environment Agency becoming increasingly worried at the state of Battered Britain.

The calm before the storm…

There could be destruction in Lenton. There could be chaos on campus. There could be nothing happening at all.

As always, we’ll be the first to cover it. Tweet us your pictures of the storm to @TheTabNotts.