Jailbreak 2014: LIVE

Welcome to The Tab’s LIVE coverage of the biggest charity event to hit UEA this year- Livewire’s JAILBREAK!

We’ll be following teams all around Europe and beyond as they do their best to escape Norwich and reach the furthest destination possible- all whilst spending no money whatsoever!

Keep track of the teams by checking in here, listening to Livewire’s 48 hour broadcast, and by using the hashtag #livewirejailbreak on Twitter.

This mad dash is raising money for WaterAid- so don’t forget to donate!

13.25 VERY emotional Chief Editor Vic- this is the last event I’ll be covering for The Tab. We have so many people to thank- firstly, Livewire1350 who have invited us to share their Base Camp and been the best company ever- we love you. Chloe Hashemi and Harriet Smith, who organised Jailbreak- you are incredible, ladies. EVERY blogger who came in and helped us out over the weekend, you were utterly perfect, I am so proud and I am going to miss you all so much. The insane teams, who have made their way around the world for WaterAid, have never given up, and have entertained us all weekend beyond belief. And finally, to you, if you’ve read and donated. Over £10,000 has been raised- so thank you. We hope you enjoyed tracking Jailbreak as much as we loved reporting it. This has been #livewirejailbreak, we’re the Tab Norwich and we love you. Over and out.

13.06 Congratulations are flooding in from UEA, and victory selfies are arriving from across the world.

13.00 And in first place, the moment we all waited for, with an unbelievable, incredible, unbeatable 3362 MILES, GOING THE DISTANCE, WHO ARE CURRENTLY ON A BEACH IN DUBAI. For the geographically shaky, that’s in our almost namesake and constant source of confusion, the United Arab Emirates. CONGRATULATIONS TO GOING THE DISTANCE, CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE.

Base camp is a cheerful, fatigued place right now. And the people of the library look similarly exhausted by us.

That’s it for Jailbreak 2014, but it doesn’t mean you can’t donate more. Click the link, support the cause, tweet us your celebration selfies. Well done team.

12.55 Breaking the thousand with a fantastic final count of 1084 miles, our second place, KT ROO. The team made it to Lisbon, Portugal. A brand new country for Livewire Jailbreak 2014. Congratulations, guys.

12.54 AND IN THIRD POSITION, 822 MILES AWAY, ON THE ROAD (SIDE, STILL), WHO MADE IT TO KRAKOW, POLAND.

12.52 AND OUR TOP FOUR TEAMS. CONGRATULATIONS ALL, BUT THESE ARE PHENOMENAL EFFORTS.

At an incredible 798 MILES from UEA, Norwich, fourth place is…

Jester Bit Further, Gyor, Hungary!

12.50

9 No Spain No Gain, Saarbrucken, Germany, 351 miles from Norwich!

8 Hakuna Matata, Stuttgart, Germany, 435 miles.

7 Echo Charlie Bravo, Kirkwall, Orkney, Scotland, 469 miles.

6 The Fugitives, Lyon, France, 500 miles.

5 Norfolk and Chance, Bordeaux, France, 545 miles.

12.46

14 Anita and Jack, Cherbourg, France, 242 miles from Norwich!

13 Ex Pats, Paris, France, 265 miles.

13 Batman and Robyn, Paris, France, 265 miles.

13 #AdventureTime, Paris, France, 265 miles.

12 Hungary Yet? Edinburgh, Scotland, 292 miles.

11 Greece Lightening, Luxembourg, Luxembourg, 295 miles.

10 The Lost Boys, Toul, France, 339 miles.

12.42 

19 Team Rush Hour, Liverpool, England, 185 miles from Norwich!

18 To The French Riviera, De Panne, Belgium, 199 miles.

17 We Know Where Our Towels Are, A352 near Wearham, England, 200 miles.

16 Swag HQ, Barry Island, Wales, 212 miles.

15 NR Squared, Rouen, France, 220 miles.

12.36 We can announce the winners! Well done everyone. In reverse order, now:

24 Airship Pirates, Canterbury, England, 98 miles from Norwich

23 Hitchikers, Dover, England, 103 miles.

23 AWOL, Dover, England, 103 miles.

22 North Meets South, Verne, Belgium, 122 miles.

21 Representing Dev, Bruuge, Belgium, 128 miles.

20 Meandering Duo, Leeds, England, 143 miles.

12.30 THE RESULTS ARE IN AND WE JUST HIT TEN THOUSAND POUNDS FOR JAILBREAK. Tune in to Livewire for the results, live, right now.

12.27 Selfies with the Mona Lisa!

12.24 So close to announcing the 2014 winners of Livewire Jailbreak! All the teams have done tremendously and we’re nearly at our 10k target raised for WaterAid, but there is only one winner. And we’re about to break the final leader board. Stick around and donate, UEA!

12.22 Go Greece Lightening, you’re at the Gare De Luxembourg. GREECE LIGHTENING, GO GREECE LIGHTENING.

12.16 On the Road (Side, Still) are celebrating in Krakow! Jailbreak chic. It’s gonna be big.

12.11 Incredible how widely our brave Jailbreakers have ventured! Anita and Jack, we’re not even sure where you are. But congratulations.

12.05 Going the Distance are in Dubai. On the beach. Beseeching you to donate to WaterAid. Almost matches the scenery of base camp.

12.00 AND THAT IS IT! JAILBREAK 2014 IS OVER. WELL DONE TO ALL THE TEAMS, TO THE GUYS ON LIVEWIRE, TO EVERYONE WHO HAS DONATED. The final results are locked down and will be announced in fifteen minutes. Listen in to Livewire or stay here with us, on the Tab.

11.58 Team AWOL are in Dover with one minute remaining. Anything could happen.

11.54 The word is, Hitchhikers have £100 resting on coming last place so have spent the last day busking in Dover. Solid effort, team, and looking good.

11.46 Less than fifteen minutes until it’s all over! And remember, every time you procrastinate your donation, a member of base camp dies.

11.40 Twenty minutes left, kids. That donation you were meaning to make? The time is now. We’re at £9585 – let’s hit 10k!

11.38 Reports of confiscated passports in Saarbrucken (Germany, we think). I hope we all told No Spain No Gain what they meant to us whilst there was still time.

The Tab may have just lost their future Co-Chief.

11.35 There are just a few miles between some teams in the leader board… Jailbreakers, if you can hear us, get walking. 25 minutes left and all to play for.

11.31 Signs of fatigued hysteria from the Kirkwall, in the Orkney Islands. Stay strong, Echo Charlie Bravo. Stay strong.

11.19 To The French Riviera are heading home from sunny France! Still looking fresh, girls. Don’t scrimp on the Duty Free.

11.07 News Editor Jo Thompson taking over for the sensational Jon Gifford. Slightly soggy and blogging on two hours sleep. It was all in the name of solidarity, I swear…

10.54 To the French Riviera take a lovely photo of a chocolate shop in Belgium. No, we’re not jealous – not with cafe direct chocolate brownies… ok, we’re all a little jealous.

10.49 Hungary yet are in Edinburgh! Although they’re not allowed to take photos of government buildings, here’s a nice one of them with the castle in the background – nice one!

10.46 a reminder to everyone – send in a screenshot of a £10 donation to the justgiving page and get a TAB T-Shirt signed by everyone here in base-camp! What are you guys waiting for

10.40 with moves like this, of course Jay Lawrence won. Apparently a video is coming soon…

10.37 The ‘Tap Dance’ photos are starting to come in… The mood looks tense in this one

10.30 The ‘Tap Dance’ will be starting in the square – we all look forward to seeing photos and videos!

10.28 KT-Roo tweeting 1460 miles hitchhiked since Friday noon, impressive feat!

10.21 Ex-Pats are now in Paris! Try to remember your GCSE French…

10.19 Jay Lawrence from Livewire has promised to do a tap dance in the square at 10.30… a celebration? We’re not sure. Either way, it should be entertaining!

10.14 KT-Roo enjoying a cup of coffee and a custard tart in Lisbon, Portugal! No, we’re not jealous… there are still crisps lying around here…

10.11 We’ve Just passed £9,000!!! Well done everyone and thank you for giving! (but let’s make it £10,000)

10.10 NR squared have traveled from Calais to Normandy – a few battlefield tours in store no doubt

10.05 We know where our towels are have arrived in Poole! Approx 200 miles from UEA – it’s not quite France, but an immense struggle to get there!

10.00 North Meets South have finally arrived in Belgium!

09.56 Competition time!!! The next person to send a screenshot of their £10 donation will win a TAB T-shirt signed by everyone here at base camp. Keep the money going guys, £8,967 and counting!

09.51 Jon Gifford here for the TAB with the darling Vic Finan – a little late starting today (lost my keys and couldn’t leave my house) but the jailbreak spirit lives on!

09.48 Team Rush Hour en route to Manchester… poor souls…

09.42 And continuing the French trend (not so much a trend, they are our neighbours…) #adventuretime Charlie and Joe have reached PARIS!

09.37 And they’ve done it! Representing Dev have a lift to Calais. The difference in mentality when teams get out of Dover is astonishing. FINALLY.

09.35 With just two and a half hours to go, Representing Dev are still trying to get out of Dover- COME ON GUYS!

09.32 The atmposhere in Base Camp today is generally quite disgusting. Food everywhere. Half of Livewire passed out on sofas. Alex and Michael STILL broadcasting after an unbelievable 46 hours. But everyone has a huge smile on their face and is still committed to donating! We’re so nearly there, teams.

08.28 After passing through Dijon (did you compare mustards), The Lost Boys have made Toul in northern France their final stop. We’ll see you soon, girls!

o8.26 An ever popular destination for Jailbreak, On The Road Side Still have arrived in Krakow! This is madness- we have teams all over Europe!

08.25 Having arrived in Lyon airport, The Fugitives are now en route back to the UK. EXCELLENT work, guys.

08.24 KT-Roo have arrived in Portugal and are en route to Lisbon!

08.22– As it’s a Sunday, the first bus doesn’t arrive on campus until 9.30 but we know you can’t wait that long so a few quick updates… WELCOME TO THE FINAL DAY OF UEA LIVEWIRE JAILBREAK 2013!

END OF DAY TWO COVERAGE

00.09 And with that, we leave our coverage for Day Two! Thanks to everyone who came and blogged today, you stars. We love you. See you in the morning to find out the results of Livewire Jailbreak 2014!

00.03 LEADERBOARD- 5) Norfolk N Chance, Bordeaux, 545 miles from Norwich

4) Jester Bit Further- Hungary, 798 miles from Norwich

3) On The Road Side Still, Poland (to Krakow), 822 miles from Norwich

2) KT-Roo, Spain, 872 miles from Norwich

1) GOING THE DISTANCE IN DUBAI! 3362 MILES FROM NORWICH.

00.00 Hungary Yet say they’ve never had so much female attention than at their Edinburgh ceildh. Apparently they’ve learnt to strip a Willow.

23.55 Most of the teams have bedded down now- but before you go to sleep, please donate. This is all so fun- but there’s a serious cause at the heart of it. WaterAid helps people in developing countries have access to clean water and transforms lives. We’ve raised a magnificent £8500, but there is still £1500 to go before the target of £10,000 is hit. Show your appreciation…and donate.

23.52 Livewire have had a record day of hits and listeners. They really bloody deserve it. These guys are AMAZING.

23.47 To the French Riviera are TAUNTING Swag HQ about their LIDL chocolate- on the continent they have MILKA! *salivates*

23.36 Jailbreak is all about embracing other cultures whilst having fun and raising money for charity… just ask Hungary Yet. Apparently in their LCR, they don’t dance. They have CEILDHS.

23.31 Swag HQ apparently have LIDL chocolate. Guys we said don’t spend any money, but we wouldn’t begrudge you a half decent Dairy Milk.

23.28 Slankets have emerged in Base Camp. There are 19 of us in here, and we’re all pretty much delirious now. Send help. The plot was lost a LONG time ago.

23.20 Hungary Yet are in the Edinburgh version of the LCR. Stay classy. If you’re heading into the LCR tonight, why not pop into the Base Camp in the library and donate the price of one drink?

23.17 Swag HQ have gone to visit Gavin and Stacey in Barry, Wales!

23.09 Teams have been going quiet but I’ve just done my first #tabchallenge! Here is my sellotape selfie… donate £5 here with the #tabchallenge and your challenge for me to attempt something else that’ll make me look hideously ugly. #nofilterimjustthisbloodygorgeous #instagrambabes

22.42 Here at HQ, Oli and Alex have lost the plot. As have we.

22.32 Oh bless Norfolk N Chance. They look exhausted (yet still lovely) having hitchhiked to Bordeaux! 

22.28 Echo Charlie Bravo are in the Orkney Islands. And….drum roll please…. GOING THE DISTANCE HAVE LANDED IN DUBAI! We have a new first place- and a man from the plane is paying their taxi fare to accommodation too!

22.12 We’re waiting to hear whether Going The Distance have landed in Dubai. Apparently people are staying up to hear this news so stay with us, we’ll be bringing it to you without an ounce of jealousy as soon as we get it.

22.08 To The French Riviera passed the weirdest looking theme park in Belgium earlier.

22.01 Students are so predictable. North Meets South have arrived in Dunkirk and, like seemingly everyone else, are in McDonalds of all place.

21.58 On The Road Side Still are on a coach towards Krakow. Debate in Base Camp if this is further than Prague.

21.52- Leaderboard Update!

KT-Roo are in first place in Madrid, with Jester Bit Further a close second in Hungary!

21.42 STOP THE PRESS! WE HAVE OUR MOST GLAMOROUS DESTINATION YET! TEAM RUSH HOUR HAVE SECURED THEMSELVES A NIGHT IN YORKSHIRE’S MOST UPMARKET RESORT… Huddersfield. We love you, guys!

21.35 On The Road Side Still remain in Prague!

21.32 Batman and Robyn have posted a picture of this horrible metal contraption. They think we’d be jealous that they’re here? AS IF. We have the beautiful pink sofas of group study area and a mouldy quiche that has been around all weekend to look out. We laugh at your Eiffel Tower. :((((( 

21.29 Nous aimons les gendarmes! The Lost Boys are being given a lift by the French police! Merci beaucoup!

21.25 AWOL are still in Dover. AWW GUYS. We are thinking of you and hope you manage to escape the White Cliffs as soon as you can. Keep going!

21.18 INVASION! Chris Kirchoff just RAN into Base Camp to take a selfie. Well, this is more exciting than the Oscars after all.

21.17 We Know Where Our Towels Are are in Southampton. The place where Titanic set off. This does not bode well.

21.15 Anita and Jack not only have the most original team never, they’ve made it to Cherbourg! Our Jailbreakers are all over France right now, bring us back some nice wine please. We deserve it, after all.

21.14 The Fugitives are heading for Bourge Saint Maurice in France. Sounds like something from Amelie or Chocolat.

21.11 One of the lovely librarians at UEA, Heather, joined Twitter just to remind us not to eat our pizza in the library! Bless her heart. We had it in Red Bar!

21.10 Batman and Robyn are staying in Paris for the night. They’ve fallen in love with the place. So cliche. Personally, us hipsters at The Tab prefer Berlin- so we’ll donate an extra fiver for anyone who manages to get there!

21.07 Chief Editor Vic here. I’ve spent the whole day bossing people about whilst eating Livewire’s pringles and popcorn. Just had a Dominoes. I should probably do some of my own updating now.

21:01 This is Jena signing off, and wishing all the teams good luck for the rest of the weekend.  See you all on air at 12 for the big reveal (cheeky little plug)!

20:59 The jailbreak hq team seem to still be in pizza heaven…

20: 56 UPDATE – we’ve broke the £8,500 barrier!  Keep donating to break last year’s target!

20:48 Brilliant to see everyone getting so involved in this year’s Jailbreak.  Teams are being given pub recommendations, donations are also welcome.. !!

20:42 We’re jealous of No Spain, No Gain who have been given some apples and yummy cake from a kind passer by.

20:40 Representing Dev have checked into a hotel in Dover.  We hope they feel refreshed in the morning!

20:34 NR Squared are feeling positive about the day ahead tomorrow – go on guys not long left now.

20:30 So the appeal apparently worked – the Hitchikers have joined the crowd amassing at Dover!

20:26 Whilst we’ve been told to enjoy our pizza OUTSIDE the library, No Spain, No Gain enjoy McDonalds!!

20:22 No Spain, No Gain are gaining having arrived in Saarbrucken!

20:17 I am about to be abandoned at jailbreak hq while the team stuff their faces!  (all by mysellllllf…) *sniffle sniffle*

20:11 #adventure time charlie and joe have a train to Paris sorted for tomorrow and a hostel booked for the night.  Sleep well, you’ve had a long day!

20:04 Team KT-Roo have crossed the border into Spain, and headed for Portugal.  Exotic!

20:02 SUCCESS.  WE HAVE FINALLY ORDERED PIZZA AT JAILBREAK HQ.  Can you tell how excited we are…?

20:00 We Know Where Our Towels Are are headed to Southampton … apparently the people of Brighton are “really nice”, who knew?

19:55 Anyone fancy the uneaten quiche left at jailbreak hq?  We’ll pass for pizza thanks…

19:46 North Meets South are (I quote) ‘in some small town’ on their way to Dunkirk!  We hope they figure out their whereabouts soon!

19:38 NR Squared just checked into a hotel opposite Calais Station.  Us living in the library are not even a little bit jealous…

19:32 We’re ordering pizza at jailbreak hq to get us through the night.  It’s a hard life.

19:28 Appeal from the Airship Pirates – they might have a across the channel if anyone can give them a lift from Canterbury to Dover.  Anyone feeling charitable?

19:24 Team Hakuna Matata assure us they will arrive in Stuttgart by 10:40.

19:21 The jailbreak hq challenge has been revealed … for every £5 donation at justgiving.com/livewirejailbreak2014 with the hashtag “tab challenge” in the message, our website will be seized by Livewire for 10mins!  (eeek…)

19:18 The Hitchikers are now hitchiking in a car to Canterbury.

19:12 Hungary Yet have just arrived at Edinburgh!  Keep warm guys!

19:07 Things are hotting up at Jailbreak HQ, where Livewire are challenging the Tab on air for YOUR donations…

19:03 Jena taking over at an exciting moment!  And team On The Road (Side, Still) have arrived in Prague and considering making it their final stop!

18:57 Georgina signing out, it’s been a blast. Good luck to all the #LivewireJailbreak teams! Very jel of Going The Distance heading to Dubai!!

18:55 We Know Where Our Towels Are hoping to head to Southampton. Currently in Brighton.

18:53 Agua Santa getting desperate in Dover

18:51 Hungary Yet? are actually heading for Edinburgh!

18:45 Update on top-5-

No. 1 Jester Bit Further in Vienna, Austria

No.2 On The Road (Side, Still) in Prague, Czech Republic

No.3 KT-Roo in Bordeuex, France

No.4 Echo Charlie Bravo in Kirkwall, Scotland

No.5 The Lost Boys in Dijon France

18:42 Anita and Jack are stuck in Cherbourg, trying to get out!

18:35 Team Rush Hour are on a bus to Huddersfield. We’re sorry.

18:23 Team Meandering Duo thanking Megabus for helping them escape Leeds! Thankyou Megabus!

18:16 Team Ex-Pats are now Ex-Pats in Paris, meanwhile Swag HQ are still on the coach to Cardiff eta. 20:00

18:14 Team No Spain, No Gain are not in Spain but they have managed to finally escape Luxembourg, hitch-hiking with (I quote) knowledgable Germans, who also bought them tickets to Saarbrucken (which I assume is Germany)

18:10 Team AWOL are in Dover. Hopefully can grab a ferry!

18:07 Team Hakuna Matata are enjoying the sights in Frankfurt

18:05 Representing Dev are still stuck in Dover *sadface, Team We Know Where are Towels Are are soon to arrive in Brighton.

18:00 Team On The Road (Side, Still) are in beautiful Prague, catching up on Jester Bit Further in Vienna.

17:56 Team KT-Roo have passed Bordeaux and are on their way to Portugal!

17:55 The Fugitives are passing through Luxembourg. Can they ‘escape’ the country a lot of teams have been stuck in?!

17:52 To The French Riviera are not in the French Riviera (yet) but have found a hotel in Cecil, Belgium.

17:47 Team Airship Pirates on their way to Canterbury, Team Norfolk N Chance have arrived in Orleans in France and looking to bag a lift to Bordeaux or Spain.

17:38 Team North Meets South have bagged some free train tickets to Dunkirk. On the move!

17:35 A massive 8,000 raised so far, can we reach 10k by 10 pm? Go on people-donate donate donate!

17:32 We have teams stuck in Dover, Luxembourg and France. Teams travelling in Germany, Austria and one on the way to Dubai!! Nice lil’ holiday. The flight to Dubai is approx. 7 hours. #LivewireJailbreak is taking over!

17:30 Jester Bit Further find themselves a massive 730 miles from Norwich. Sometimes I wish I was 730 miles from Norwich…

17:24 The sign may not be working for Team North Meets South however as they’re stuck in Calais at the moment. Can anyone get them out of there?!

17:18 Sums it up! #LivewireJailbreak Team North Meets South says it’s a lie-

17:14 New Leaders-Jester Bit Further have gone just a bit further and are in the car in Vienna!

16.58 Team KTroo want to know if they get extra points for travelling back in time?

17.03 NR2 are stuck in Calais. Just go pick up some dirt cheap booze and bring it back for us.

16.51 Team Rush hour have just passed Watford Gap. No idea what direction they’re heading in. East, North, South, West? Slightly to the side of one of those?

16.45 No Spain, No Gain appear to be going slightly mad in Luxembourg, where everything stops at weekends.

16.39 The Lost Boys are passing Reims in France, with two thirds of  the team asleep. Whether that is two of the three team members, or two thirds of each member, we cannot confirm.

16.26 After being stuck in Dover all morning, North Meets South are now stuck in Calais. Which is sort of the same thing, only everyone speaks French.

16.21 No Spain, No Gain have moved on to Luxembourg airport to try and find a way out. Once you go to Luxembourg, you can’t go back.

16.19 Hakuna Matata have made it to Frankfurt. Now they just need to get to Hamburg and they’ll have dinner sorted.

16.16 None of the teams have been in touch for a while. They’re either: asleep, out of phone battery, out of signal range, or they’re running off and never coming back.

15.57 Tilly Wood on Twitter is enjoying watching the dots on the map while being “warm and snug in bed.” That is NOT the spirit Tilly (We say, warm and snug in the library).

15.55 Only three teams left stuck in ports! We can’t condone stowing away, but it’s worth a try.

15.52 Wires! Wires everywhere! Base camp is looking very technical. Come and say hello. Don’t touch anything.

15.50 Batman and Robyn want everyone to know they’re still in Paris. They’re the new Kanye and Jay Z.

15.46 Perhaps Airship Pirates should just change their name to Ipswich Pirates?

15.45 Team NR2 have sent us this photo of their hitchhiking fuel:

15.41 Remember this is all for charity, so follow the link at the top of this page and donate, donate, donate! Or we’ll beat you up. (Disclaimer: We won’t beat you up.)

15.37 Turns out Luxembourg don’t like giving out free rail or bus travel. What happened Luxembourg, you used to be cool?

15.35 Poor Airship Pirates have made it back to Ipswich. Someone doesn’t want them to leave.

15.32 Shout out to Bristol uni, also doing Jailbreak this weekend. There’ll be a lot of hitchhikers in Dover today.

15.30 Poor Representing Dev are still stuck in Dover, presumably batting their lashes at passing ferry captains.

15.30 After finally making it out of Ipswich, team Airship Pirates are now in a van heading to… Ipswich.

15.22 More news from No Spain, No Gain: they’re trying to get out Luxembourg, using rudimentary GCSE French. Point and shout guys, point and shout.

15.18 Team No Spain, No Gain are in Luxembourg. That’s not Spain, is it guys…?

15.13 From team NR2: “Food is our pathetic fallacy, so we’re on the hunt for a darn good patisserie.” Very poetic.

15.11 Tom from team North Meets South doesn’t ever want to see the bloody white cliffs of Dover ever again. We feel your pain, Tom.

15.05 We Know Where Our Towels Are have given up on Dover and moved on to Folkestone. I hope they broke it to Dover gently.

15.02 Team Norfolk N Chance are 100 miles from Paris. Sacre bleu!

14.52- Livewire update so far!

Jailbreak Leader board Update!

5th Place – Hakuna Matata – Currently Near Essen : Germany. 256 Miles from Norwich

4th Place – Batman + Robin – Paris : France. 265 Miles from Norwich

3rd Place – KT Roo – Tours, France. 363 miles form Norwich

2nd Place – Echo Charlie Bravo. Thurso, Scotland. 453 miles form Norwich

1st place! – On the Roadside Still. Dresden, Germany. 541 miles from Norwich

Keep them going : donate at https://www.justgiving.com/teams/livewirejailbreak2014uea

Keep up to date at www.livewire1350.com

EDP 24 Mustard TV Union of UEA Students @University of east Anglia

14.46- Adventure Time Charlie and Joe are making tracks and are travelling to Cerbourg-Octeville from Caen by car

14.28- The Lost Boys are getting a little sleepy on their journey to Dijon! Make the most of the car journey to catch up on those zzz’s! You can do it, keep going!

14.26- The Fugitives are en route to Belgium from Dunkirk

14.19- Anita and Jack- Touchdown in France!

Bonjour to France from Anita and Jack

14.15- Adventure Time Charlie and Joe land in Caen after their early ferry to France

14.12- Echo Charlie Bravo catching a train to Thurso! Choooo Choooooooo away they go!

14.06- We hear that Dover is full of charity hitch-hikers- will they all manage to get out? Keep checking here for all the up-to-date info!

14.04- Hungary Yet think that they will make it to Edinburgh by this evening- keep going! Positive vibes all round

14.01- Batman and Robyn are squeezing more sights in- all thanks to a cheerful Malik!

super-speedy sightseeing

13.58- Airship Pirates are still stuck at the truck stop in Felixstowe- are they gonna get out?!

13.56- To The French Riviera have managed to cross the border into Belgium

13.51- Batman and Robyn are making the most of the sights during their whirlwind stay in Paris!

voila- keep on moving gals, you can do it!

13.49- NR2 are relieved of their bumpy ride and have got to Callais! Where to next?

13.46- Meandering Duo are on their way to Leeds from Sheffield – stay tuned to see where they end up!

13.42- North Meets South are FINALLY getting out of Dover- finding a way to Calais

13.36- Greece Lightening are currently on the Channel Tunnel! Great progress being made today

13.29- Airship Pirates are FINALLY out of Ipswich! Currently on the way to a truckers station in Felixstowe

13.19- Hakuna Matata have just crossed the German Border! On their way to Frankfurt as we speak

13.12- Ex-Pats en route to France! They’re about to enter the Channel Tunnel!

Passports at the ready for the Ex-Pats en route to France!

13.06- Batman and Robyn have just said BONJOUR to Paris! Great work!

12.51- KT-Roo about to get on board a flight to a mystery destination!

12.49- Hungary Yet? are now on their way to Newcastle!

12.46- AWOL now making their way to Dover

12.42- Greece Lightening had a good night’s sleep and are now heading to Lille

12.36- Airship Pirates are STILL stuck in Ipswich – they’ve been here since 8.30pm last night! Come on guys!

12.34- KT-Roo are still on the way to Portugal

12.32- On The Road (Side, Still) are currently in the lead – they’re in Dresden on the Polish border!

12.31- The Lost Boys are stuck at the Calais port

12.27- Representing Dev have been dropped off at the entrance to the Channel Tunnel and are waiting to be picked up!

12.25- New Co-Chief Editor Maisie is very excited to be going to Luxembourg! Her team member… Not so much

12.22- Norfolk N Chance are finally on their way to Paris!

12.15- Echo Charlie Bravo are trying to get a lift to Orkney!

12.13- Hitchhikers on the DLR to Lewisham

12.09- Many of the teams are stuck in Dover and trying to come up with Plan Bs!

12.08- Ex-Pats are now passing through Ashford

12.07- We Know Where Our Towels Are are stuck in Dover

12.04- Team Agua Santa are feeling the strain on the way to Dover

11.59- The new Chief Editors are getting into the #LivewireJailbreak spirit – Insaf is blogging while Maisie is in Luxembourg! Go Maisie!

11.57- Echo Charlie Bravo are 3 hours away from John O’Groats in the Highlands

11.53- The teams in France are facing some horrendous weather! Keep going guys!

11.47- Jailbreak coordinator Chloe is off home for some well-deserved sleep – she’s only had 20 minutes since Jailbreak started!

11.43- AWOL are getting a lift to Dover from the M20

11.36- Anyone in the Library, come to Base Camp on the ground floor, donate £1 and we’ll play you a song of your choice to help with the coursework blues!

11.35- Batman and Robyn are 100km from Paris!

11.32- The Lost Boys are enjoying their time in Calais!

11:18- Hungary Yet? have made it to Leeds

11.17- The Fugitives are booked on a midday ferry to Dunkirk- getting out of Dover!!

11:08- Swag HQ have caught a lift from Harwich to London

11:08- To The French Riviera are on a bus heading to the main town of Dunkirk!

11:07- Hungary Yet? are on their way to Leeds

11:00- Team Agua Santa having fun on the coach on the way to Dover

10: 57- NR Squared didn’t manage to score flights at Gatwick, but they did get a free shower

10:56- Agua Santa are on a coach to Dover

10:54- The Lost Boys have arrived (and got a picture with a French officer!)

10:53- The Lost Boys are also Calais-bound, but not enjoying the ferry crossing too much…

10:52- Change of plan- N R Squared are on their way to Calais!

10:51- Norfolk N Chance are officially on their way to Paris

10:43- An equally gorgeous photo of me (Lizzie) modelling our new techy map…

10:41- Gorgeous photo from Anita and Jack halfway across the channel!

10:40- Hakuna Matata just sent through a voicemail- they have seen all the sights in Amsterdam and are having a great time (we’re not jealous, we have a new high-tech map)

10:35- Representing Dev are surprisingly upbeat considering they are stuck on the A2 hoping for a ride to Dover…

10:34- Greece Lightning have got on a coach to Lille!

10:33- The Hitchikers have just arrived in London

10:28- NR Squared on their way to Dunkirk!

10:27- Representing Dev have just been dropped off in Maidstone

10:24- The Airship Pirates are still in Harwich, trying to hitch a lift

10:19- And here is NR Squared with a gorgeous photo of the White Cliffs of Dover (not 100% sure all those capitals need to be there but it makes the point)

10:18- Team Ex-Pats now on the Megabus on their way to belle Paris!

10:17- Here are Hakuna Matata in Amsterdam:

They made it!!!

10:16: And…NR Squared are on their way to Dunkirk!

10:15- Team Hakuna Matata have made it to Amsterdam!!

10:12- It’s nothing but fun in base camp. We were born to be on camera.

10:10- Have you donated yet? Keep the donations coming they haven’t finished yet!! Any challenges for them? Tweet using the #Livewirejailbreak

10:05- A thank-you note from one of our teams to their lift- very sweet, but maybe slightly over the top…?

10:02- Lauren and Sarah (aka To The French Riviera) apparently got a lift yesterday with a lady who also had an injured bird in her car…picking up strays obviously…

09:59- Update on the brave Livewire-base-campers- of the four who have been doing the night shift, they have had just four hours of sleep between them. Apparently the insanity started around 5am…

09:46- This operation is smooth, technical and complex. Only the best will do.

09:42- Meandering Duo have secured a lift to Manchester- everyone is on the move!

09:34- Greece Lightning now have a ticket to Lille booked!

09:33- We Know Where Our Towels Are are still in Dover, having to hitchhike out

09:32- Representing Dev just tweeted- they got picked up from a Petrol Station and are now on their way to Maidstone

09:29- No Spain, No Gain are now in Antwerp, on their way to Brussels! Aren’t they gorgeous!

Sam and Maisie on the road!

09:26- The Nomads are heading home- well done for all your efforts guys!

09:25- Agua Santa are on their way to Victoria Coach Station- who knows where they will go…

09:23- How about a nice encouraging tweet to Airship Pirates who are still stuck in Ipswich! Someone help them out!

09:23- #adventuretime Charlie and Joe are currently on a ferry on their way to France

09:21- Spare a thought for the teams still in Dover: North meets South have not yet crossed the channel and neither have The Fugitives. Well done to Echo Charlie Bravo who have their way up to Edinburgh!

09:20- HUGE NEWS- Going the Distance are currently in Amsterdam and in one hour’s time will get getting a flight to DUBAI!!! This is amazing!!!

09:19- Jester Bit Further are in Belgium and on their way to Hugary! PLUS the Ex-Pats have just got tickets to Paris!!

09:17- BREAKING NEWS- We have reached the £8000!!! Well done everybody but keep donating- let’s beat last year’s total (which I believe was about £14,000…)

09:11- At 7:35 am Batman and Robin caught a ferry, Malik offered to drive them to France

09:10- Anita and jack caught the 8am ferry heading to Caen in France!

09:08- So we hear KT-Roo are on their way to Portugal! They managed to get a lift a couple of hours ago- good work!

09:03- Morning everyone and welcome to Day 2 of #LivewireJailbreak. How’s everyone getting on?

END OF DAY ONE COVERAGE

22.52- Sweet dreams everyone- The Tab is signing off for the night. Many thanks to Joe, Kate, Lottie and Lucy who have blogged for us today. You guys are the best. Teams- keep going. We get the feeling we ain’t seen nothing yet…

22.50 Batman and Robyn have escaped Victoria Coach Station (pigeon infested hell hole) and are on their way to…you guessed it…Dover! We’ll donate an extra fiver if any teams meet up and send us an Oscars selfie.

22.45 Jester Bit Further are off to HUNGARY! Team Hungary Yet- are you jealous?

21.56 Hakuna Matata have no worries for the rest of their days- they’ve not been kicked off their coach and they are off to AMSTERDAM!

21.42 North Meets South are joining the masses and heading to Dover.

21.40 Apparently Hakuna Matata have been threatened with being kicked off their coach at Dover. Could it be that their aroma lacks a certain appeal? Can they clear a savannah after every meal? (Yes, I’ve been up since 6 AM having had half an hour’s sleep and am pretty sure I’m now delirious.)

21.36 Agua Santa are bedding down in Hackney tonight, with a view to hitting the train stations tomorrow- and Hakuna Matata are on a coach en route to Holland!

21.31 Morale at Base Camp is really high- we’re having a soppy moment about how great everyone is.

21.26 Going the Distance have been a little quiet, as you might have noticed. We wonder why… we think all will be revealed in the morning.

21.21- Thanks so much to Lucy. Teams are beginning to bed down for the night, but we’ll be around until 10 ish to bring you any last minute Day One developments.

21:18 Update: Agua Santa are in London Whitechapel, staying with a friend for the night. Lucy Morris signing off (I’ve been liveblogging since 18:58). Handing over to Vic for the rest of the night.

21:15 Greeced Lightning, however, are still in London. We haven’t yet had an update on Agua Santa’s position.

21:10 Just-past-the-hour update: team Echo Charlie Bravo are at Doncaster station; team ‘The Fugitives’ are at Victoria Bus Station; Airship Pirates are looking for somewhere to stay for the night in Ipswich; and we’ve just had a very mysterious phone call from team NR2, ringing from somewhere with very bad reception. A plane? The Peak District? We live in exciting times.

21:03 Team Hakuna Matata are on a coach to Amsterdam! This is fantastic news – let’s just hope they manage to make it across the Channel at Dover.

21:00 CHARITY UPDATE: We have raised an extra £50 in the last 40 minutes alone! Thank you so much to all our generous, beautiful Jailbreak donors.

20:59 Norfolk N’ Chance (see what they did there?), however, claim to have found a comfy floor to sleep on in East London. Is this mysterious floor at a station? An airport? A small, grounded charter plane? We are in suspense.

20:54 Meanwhile, Rob Sinclair of Team Nomads has taken this awesome photo. Can you guess where they are?

21.24 Poor old Jester Bit Futher. They’ve been ‘escorted’ out of the ferry station. Could this mean…kicked out? We think so- stay safe!

20:52 We can now exclusively reveal (drum-roll, please) – team ‘No Spain, No Gain’ are now on the ferry off to HOLLAND!

20:50 An exciting update from the rarely-heard from team ‘Anita and Jack’. Cue confusion from Jailbreak HQ – “You were asleep? Oh – in Sleet? OH. In FLEET.”

(Fleet, for anyone who’s wondering, is in Hampshire.)

@jacgoult

20:40 ‘Swag HQ’ are currently looking for accommodation in Harwich. I fear they face the dark fate of sleeping in a public toilet, as one unfortunate team had to last year. Can anybody help?

20:31 The ‘Airship Pirates’ with Sukie Baker and Jai Nobes are headed into Ipswich. Jai is a keen member of circus society, by the way, and I once saw a photo of him juggling 4 flaming poi sticks. #themoreyouknow.

20:29 We have another team heading to France! ‘Lauren and Sarah to the French Riveira’ are almost on the ferry.

20:27 ‘Hungary Yet?’ are still in Peterborough, alas. If any kind Peterborough-ian would like to put them out of their misery, you can contact them @Hungaryyetjailb

Peterborough is kind of like Hotel California. You can come in any time you like…

20:22 CHARITY UPDATE: We’re at £7,596.40 at the moment. This represents a fantstic effort on the part of the Jailbreak team. Well done, and please KEEP DONATING everybody! You can do so here.

20:20  Batman and Robyn are in London, sending us the artistic picture below. And Representing Dev are – finally – out of Luton. They’re on a coach down to London.

20:15 Updates roundup: Team Nomads are at Heathrow, and Swag HQ have been sponsored on a Megabus trip to Cardiff. Thank you Megabus! #saviourofstudents

20:14 Team Rush Hour, meanwhile, are currently snacking in a McDonalds in Papworth (that’s near Cambridge, if you were wondering).

20:11 Aaaaand they’re gone. Not even enough time to get a picture.

20:10 Breaking news from Jailbreak headquarters: WE HAVE CHOCOLATES.

20:08 Team NR2, meanwhile, are still struggling to find sponsors. Surely one generous company will help them out? @R2Jailbreak

20:06 Meanwhile, Charlie and Joe have apparently managed to get themselves arrested. Swings and roundabouts.

20:00 It’s the top of the hour, and, heartwarmingly, Aimee from team ‘Lost Boys’ has popped in to visit her mum.

19:59 It’s just coming up on 8 o’ clock, and ‘No Spain, No Gain’ are also off, just walking up to catch their ferry out of the UK.

19:55 Poor, poor “Hungary Yet?”; they’re still stuck in Peterborough. Surely some kindly motorist, or Peterborough-based UEA graduate (hint, hint) will help them out?? 

19:47 While we wait for more news to come in on our team’s progress, let’s just take a minute to reflect on one student’s valiant attempt to convince the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office to help out our UEA Jailbreakers earlier in the day:

Joke’s on them, though, because our students are breaking out of an entirely UK-based jail (of their own making.)

19:43 They will be in good company when they reach Dover, too – The Lost Boys have made it there as well.

19:42 Greece Lightning, too, are on a train to Dover, and their train tickets were donated by the Managing Director of Air Services UK! Thank you, you generous soul.

19:36 It’s looking hopeful for team ‘Meandering Duo’ as well – they’re getting a lift from a motorist to Dunkirk! 7 1/2 hours after Jailbreak began, our teams are slowly but surely making their way out of the UK.

19:32 BREAKING NEWS: We have our first team out of England! It just keeps getting better and better for hopping hitchiking trio KT-ROO, who are on the ferry to France! Well done, guys!

19:31 Livewire Jailbreak has also landed a fantastic feature on local Norwich station Mustard TV, complete with interviews and amazing captions – ‘Hopping Hitchiker’ anyone? http://www.mustardtv.co.uk/browse/jailbreak-hitchhiking-students-go-globe-trotting-for-charity/

19:27 This just in: ‘Meandering Duo’ are getting a lift to Dover from Thetford at 7pm. Good luck, guys!

19:16 Team Greece Lightning, on the other hand, have given up on Heathrow and are hitching a ride to Victoria instead. Let’s hope you can get to Dover from there tonight, Holly and Evie!

19:13 Whoops, another toilet-related mishap for our jailbreak teams. This one from Anita and Jack, who’ve managed to hitch a ride to NOWHERE and DOOM.

19:09 Exciting news from Swag HQ (the team, not the Livewire library Headquarters #swag) – they’re finally in Harwich! #yolo

Unfortunately, there’s no ferry in sight.

19:06 The Fugitives: on a coach to London. On the Road (Side, Still) are in Peterborough, trying to hitch-hike to London. London seems a popular choice, as Batman and Robyn are on a coach to London too. On a similar note, Hakuna Matata are at Victoria Coach station, and The Nomads are in Kings Cross.  Representing Dev, on the other hand, have been stuck at Luton airport for the past two hours, and are now making the uncontroversial chocie to leave Luton.

Echo Charlie Bravo, on the other hand, are off to Peterborough on a bus.

18:58 Team NR2 have reached London Gatwick, South Terminal, where it’s “dead”. But they do have a remarkably fresh-faced selfie for us. Chin up, guys! 🙂 

18.39 It seems selfies are the new way to raise awareness- so share your photo of yourself with an empty bottle for WaterAid, then don’t forget to donate to support our #livewirejailbreak teams!

18.37 #adventuretime Charlie and Joe have been promised a free flight to Brazil… in a month’s time. Gutted 🙁

18.35 Hungary Yet have arrived in the place that this Tab writer affectionately calls the ‘Arse of England’…. Peterborough.

18.26 Greece Lightning are getting desperate at Heathrow. Come on, let’s fly them out of there!

18.25 Sam of No Spain No Gain has completed the kiss challenge The Tab set him! Thanks to the lovely Tracey.

18.08 Henceforth known as Pesto Boy to everyone at Base Camp, Chris has just opened a huge tub of pesto pasta. It smells… divine. The Tab are hungry.

18.05 North Meets South are on their way to London Victoria- courtesy of Terrafresca Coaches. A team got to Poland from the coach station last year- could this team match them?

17.54 Sam from No Spain No Gain has just sent us a video of him freestyling. We’re scared. And the file is too big to put up on this blog. You will all just have to live in suspense.

17.46 Aww, something to warm even the cold, deadened hearts of us at The Tab. Teams Jester Bit Further and KT-Roo have met up at a service station 20 miles from Dover.

17.44  To the French Riveria are in Maccy Ds. DREAM BIG GIRLS, DREAM BIG.

17.42 WOW, #7Kby7 was even more of a success than we could have hoped for- the total has just rocket to £7,450! Let’s set the bar higher- #8kby8 anyone?

17.39- No Spain No Gain are getting very cosy in Harwich. We’ve never heard of it.

17.29 The Lost Boys are on track to make it Dover TONIGHT. Keep warm- if it’s anything like last year, you might have a long wait there… #dovergate #noescape

17.22- So we know that No Spain No Gain have got themselves a mystery ferry booked for 11pm- but where are they going? Tweet us your best guess! @TheTabNorwich- and don’t forget to donate! #7kby7

17.19- Poor old NR2. Rejected by the meanies at Eurostar. Take yourselves off the champagne bar in St Pancras instead, gals!

17.08 The running total for our amazing teams is currently a whopping £6665! But we know we can do better than that- let’s get to £7,000 by 7 o’clock! If you’re supporting teams, please consider donating for what is an amazing cause- WaterAid. #7kby7

17.03 Thank you to Lottie Allen for her brilliant blogging for the past couple of hours- Vic here. The atmosphere here in Base Camp is great- but the jealousy of the teams is palpable!

16:57 DOVER IS IN SIGHT: The Lost Boys are on their way for the port!

16:52 We Know Where Our Towels Are  have done it! Finally got themselves a megabus ticket and they’re on their way to London. Congrats guys!

16:48 #adventure time have made it to Heathrow – now all they have to do is charm security and the ticket desk and they can be on their way! 

16:42 BREAKING NEWS: The Lost Boys taxi isn’t a taxi. The driver just fancied buying himself a black cab – sounds like a fun kind of guy!

16:37 NR2 – “Onwards and Upwards”. Not even a grim public toilet experience can bring them down. Keep those spirits high!

16:32 The Lost Boys have bagged themselves a fancy black cab to drive them around London in style – great work girls! 

16:26 Norfolk N Chance are Ilford bound. It’s only four hours in, they have no money and our teams are storming away – SO impressed guys!

16:22 Airship Pirates are heading North to Bury. Hope it’s as sunny there as it is in base camp!

16:20 Meandering Duo are taking a break in Thetford before a lift to Dover at 7pm – this evening Dover is going to be full of UEA jailbreakers!

16:15 No Spain No Gain are giving themselves a well deserved pint before they hop on the ferry 

16:12 North Meets South are on their way to Stansted! Is there a flight on the cards?

16:10 No Spain No Gain – come 11pm they’ll be on a ferry. But where are they going to be heading? Stay tuned to find out!

16:07 Watch Out Spalding: Echo Charlie Bravo are coming for you!

15:59 From Thetford to Stratford – Nomads are on their way!

15:58 To The French Riviera are about to get a lift to Dover from a friendly stranger! Keep up the great work!

15:54 WATCH OUT LONDON: Hukana Matata have arrived! 

15:50 Nomads are road trippin’ to Stratford and feeling positive!

15:47 No Spain No Gain are in Harwich and in need of a nice restaurant before they set off for the next section of their adventure (keep an eye out – it’s a good’un!)  Tab readers and Harwich enthusiasts, any suggestions? Tweet @LiveWireJailBreak

15:40 Awol are Cambridge bound!

15:34 #Adventure Time are nearing Heathrow and hoping they can charm their way into a cheeky flight

15:30 No Spain No Gain have had a few technical difficulties (who knew signs could be so difficult?!) but they’re in high spirits with big smiles! 

15:29 Alert: The Lost Boys are now not so lost and have crossed the Essex border!

15:27 Nomads are still in Thetford but spirits are still high due to quality fast food and sneaky hitch-hiking tactics

15:26 Representing Dev are approaching Luton Airport!

15:22 On The Road (Side, Still) and Greece Lightening have joined forces and have hopped on a train to London. Where to next guys?

15:21 Agua Santa have bagged themselves a lift to Hertfordshire – such a sunny day for a road trip!

15:20 Ex-Pats and Hukuna Matata are bonding on the Megabus to London – team spirits are high!

15:17 The Fugitives are still repping their ends in Norwich bus station but I’m sure they’ve got BIG plans. Come on guys, you can do it!

15:14 Hungary Yet? are heading for the bright lights of Kings Lynn – wonder what is in store…

15:10 No Spain No Gain are riding high after being treated to lunch by friendly strangers. People can be so nice!

15:02 NR2 are nailing the victorious selfie as they arrive in London courtesy of friendly train folk at First Great Western!

14:57 Lauren and Sarah are on a train to London and been offered a lift to Dover – quick work!

14.53 Jester Bit Further have made it to the East End- have a pint at the Queen Vic for us guys!

14:50 Team Rush Hour feeling dejected after being turned down from Cambridge Airport! Come on guys – we’re rooting for ya!

14.46 Very emotional passover to Lottie…Kate is signed off. I’ll be rootin’ and tootin’ for team and basecamp alike!

14.43 The chewing gum wonders, also known as Team Nomads send this plea – they’re stuck at the Sainsbury roundabout at Thetford. Do your duty to these jailbreakers @RealRobSinclair !!

14.48 the weather is on our side today! Traffic is not on Team KT-Root’s side though, check out this picture they’ve tweeted from the Dartford Crossing. Hope they’ll get out of your way soon guys!

14.38 Don’t we have the Jailbreak fever within us all? Lucy Morris @xargirl spots dejected looking girl with her face painted half blue. She questions – rough Thursday night or Jailbreaker? Its a good question Lucy, a good question.

14.35 We set Team KT-Roo the dare of making a human pyramid with a 10 person minimum, they said they’ll do it when they’re dropped off. We’ll hold you to that. Still, they’re looking nice ‘n’ smiley for now!

14.28 Airship Pirates are now in Newmarket, looking for rides to Harwich. Polly might also want a cracker…

14.24 Team KT-Roo are getting into the spirit of it. They’re doing dares, in exchage for donations! What should we dare them to do?…

14.22 The Lost Boys are getting an education! Neville who has kindly offered them a lift to London is having a nice natter about childbirth.

14.20 Jailbreak 2013 KIIING Alex Valentine offering his support to this year’s teams. WE MISS AND LOVE YOU.

14.17 RepresentingDev have broken out of Norfolk and into Suffolk! They’re saying the border control incredibly friendly, phew!

14.14 Dedication of the Livewire team! Some of them are only going to have a 15 minute nap for every 3 hours! Hats off to them!

14.12 On the Road (Side Still) might get points for my favourite team name (Jack Kerorac references for the win) and are in Stowmarket!

14.09 Someone grab me a bucket for my jealous saliva! Team Meandering Duo have been offered a roast dinner and have made it to Thetford. Fancy sharing it with the Basecamp team? What lovely peeps!

14.07  Update #adventuretime is in fact the team Joe Pengally is in. I bet they’re having a whirlwind of a time, and some kind of whacky ’80s glitter-rock is booming from their car. #IloveSteve.

14.04 Who knows what team Joe Pengally is in, but he’s in a car with Steve speeding towards heathrow. I don’t know who or what Steve is, but I love him already!

14.01 Its worked!! The Lost Boys are on their way to London. Working both the thumb out, and the sign up, the double whammy approach never fails.

13.59 Team Lauren and Sarah are on a train towards Shenfield and been offered a lift towards Dover.

13.54 Its all smiles and buckets from the trio at NR2 as they send us a pic on their way to Kings Lynn to get to Londontown.

13.52 HollyandEvieDoJailbreak kicked off the train at Stowmarket. Good time for a photo oppertunity. Album cover if I ever saw one?

13.49 Things are getting wild, Team Aguasanta have got body art #yolo

13.44 The rumour mill better get chugging! Chloe at Basecamp just received a call from NoSpainNoGain. They’re at Harwich with tickets to a mystery destination…

13.41 Sam Parker from Livewire arrives with power supply for our laptops…the updates will continue. What a prize peach he is.

13.40 The Lost Boys aren’t so lost anymore! In a car to East London.

13.38 Ooooerr-Me Hearties! Airship Pirates are heading towards London with 3 lads on a stag do. Hope they don’t make you walk the plank….

13.32 We’ve got some recycled team names from Jailbreak2013 – Hakuna Matata and Norfolk-in-chance. Either the same teams or great minds think alike?

13.25 Livewire is keeping it informative by doing a quiz on the air about name as many Capital Cities as possible. #We’reauniversitydon’tyouknow.

13.22 RepresentingDev in a second car on the way to Luton

13.20 HollyandEvie do Jailbreak are on a train to London. ‘Not entirely done by the books’ they’re saying via twitter…I wonder what they’ve begged, borrowed and stolen to get there! Curious…

13.19 TeamNomads are Fighting the good fight and thumming it! Can see the dude’s chewing gum in this picture…you’ve got to keep fresh somehow whilst you’re waiting I guess! Best of luck!

13.17 Team NR2 waiting at Norwich Coach Station for a bus to King’s Lynn. In these situations ‘Eye Spy’ becomes your new favourite thing…

13.16 Attleborough watch out! Team Rush Hour are on their way to you in a van.

13.10 Fun fact! Ross Perkins on Twitter is letting us know that a Norwich Area Bus Pass with First that can get them to Dereham. Thanks for that Ross!

13.04 Kate Marks, one of the co-ordinators from last year’s Jailbreak is just signing on. The basecamp looks sensational! Very excited to see where the teams get to!  Sitting in the library at Basecamp is deja vu much though?!

12.53 Rob Sinclair on Twitter has appealed to Greg James for help to get to Paris. You never know, it might help.

12.47 Team Agua Santa are in a car on their way Thetford. Lovely day in the forest ahead of them.

12.45 Team KTroo are on their way to London, where the streets are paved with gold. Apparently.

12.43 Team Hungary Yet have found their first willing driver.

12.37 Here’s all the Jailbreakers ready to go, just before they set off at 12:

12.25 The Nomads, eager to update, have reached Newmarket Road. We don’t think that counts, guys.

12.14- The teams have left the Square in search of charity, adventure, and madness! We wish them well- and we will be liveblogging their progress throughout this weekend, so keep checking in and using the hashtag #livewirejailbreak.