I’m a massive wrestling fan….deal with it!

WWE arrives in Geordieland

| UPDATED WWENewcastle

Whenever I mention my love of WWE, or wrestling in general, I’m normally met with a surprised look, a quick glance up and down and comments such as:

“You don’t look like a wrestling fan… you’re a girl.”

“Girls at the wrestling who aren’t deformed….Bizarre.”

Or the classic: “You know it’s not real.”

It’s stereotypical to assume that since I’m not a child or a fat nerd, a small brunette Geordie lass wouldn’t dare like wrestling.

I couldn’t tell you what it is about it, people assume it’s the half naked men all oiled up, which is a bonus, but even though it’s not real (and yes I know it’s not real) it’s the entertainment factor that makes one hell of a show.

So when I heard WWE was returning to Metro Radio Arena on Wednesday 12th November I was there ready with my foam finger to cheer on all the superstars and divas, and only being four rows from the front I was ready to ‘peoples elbow’ my way through the crowds to get a handshake from people I watch each week on T.V.

So here’s the lowdown of the night.

There was a massive home crowd reception for local boy and NXT Champion Adrian Neville, who arrived sporting a Newcastle United top, it was a winning return for the Geordie in a Triple Threat Match.

Geordie Lad Adrian Neville receiving a welcome home

Leaving on a high: Adrian Neville celebrates his win

Other matches included, Dolph Ziggler beating Cesaro to retain the intercontinental championship, Dean Ambrose Vs Kane and the main event of night, Y2J Chris Jericho Vs Bray Wyatt in a good old Newcastle Street fight but without the slapping and hair pulling down the big market this was replaced with chairs, kendo sticks and through fans chants a table.

On the top rope: Kane Vs Dean Ambrose

Bray Wyatt Vs Chris Jericho

Although disappointed to not have seen bigger names such as John Cena and Roman Reigns through injury, WWE is still a fan favourite and is attracting more viewers and with RKO Vines everywhere on social media these days even if you love it or loathe it, it’s entertaining.

One half of The Usos

Close to the action: WWE Tag Team Champion, Stardust

Divas action about to get underway

Y2J