We spoke to the fancy dress shop you terrify

They even have bouncers at the door

Around Halloween dressing up shops experience the same mad queues and manic behaviour from students that is normally reserved for clubs.

Magic Box on Northumberland street even resorts to hiring bouncers at this time of year.

And while it’s all fun and games for those of us looking for that perfect costume, it’s a different matter for the staff.

Andrea, who works ar Magic Box revealed: “It’s manic.

“We have bouncers at the door letting two people in when two people come out, the queues just snake around the stairs and onto the street.”

The shop over the last two weeks has been preparing its stock for the student upheaval by putting all the Halloween costumes to the front and storing some of the regular fancy dress outfits out the back.

Popular outfits according to Andrea include the typical storybook characters like Little Red Riding Hood…. but the dead version of course.

But while it may be hard work Andrea is somewhat looking forward to the events:

“The time goes so quick! Then there’s a nice little lull before we prepare for the Christmas rush.”

While the workers at Magic Box are expecting thousands of customers to line up on the streets to make sure they get the outfits they desire, while you stand in line it’s time to spare a thought for the fancy dress workers and the rather scary job they have these next few weeks.