Girl raped in Fallowfield alleyway between Whitby and Filey

She was approached as she walked home alone along Ladybarn Lane

A girl was dragged into the alleyway between Whitby Road and Filey Road on Saturday and raped as she walked home from a night out.

The incident took place by Ladybarn Lane at 3:30am and the victim was walking home alone when she was approached.

The offender offered to walk her to her house, and began to pester her when she refused. He tried to grab at her and talk despite her protests. He then dragged the 19-year-old into the alleyway, where he raped her.

Whitby Road, near the scene of the incident

The man has been described as black or Asian, about 5 foot 9, slimly built and with very short black hair. He is reported to have been clean shaven, with baggy blue or grey jeans and wearing a long-sleeved top.

Daisy, whose house backs onto the alley, has been left shocked by the news. She said: “It’s absolutely terrifying. I walk home that way every night and never think of getting anyone to come with me.

I was out that night but would have been able to hear it from my bedroom if I was in.”

And it’s the second shocking sexual assault this term. Just weeks ago a girl was attacked after she got into in a fake taxi after Pangaea.

The Greater Manchester Police are increasing patrols in Fallowfield following the incident. They are also appealing for anyone who may have seen or heard anything at the time to come forward.