Multiple exam cock-ups spark fury among students

Missing papers, computer failure and pesky invigilators’ phones among exam gaffs

cock ups exams january Manchester mistakes mobile phone papers students University

Exams are finally over, which means our drinking can return to normal at last.

But despite the celebration, many students are still fuming after not one but two massive cock ups disrupted exams last week.

Both Chem Eng and Psychology students fell victim to the embarrassing blunders during exam period.

The last place you’d expect a screw up

In a forth year adsorption exam last week, Chemical Engineering students were left outraged when two phones went off midway through their exam.

But, shockingly, the phones didn’t belong to students –  instead they belonged to two invigilators who were monitoring the exam.

And the annoying incident didn’t go down well with students sitting the exam.

“I was sat at the front and this woman’s phone went off in her bag”, complained one student taking the paper.

“Later, the other examiner’s started going off but rather than stop it, she just sat there refusing it was hers laughed about it. [She] didn’t even apologise”.

Makes you wonder if it’s all worth it

Another mess-up happened in a second year Psychology exam, when a statistics test was cancelled midway through because of an ‘IT failure’.

Eventually it was rescheduled, but this meant students had to sit two exams back-to-back on the same day.

And, understandably, the group Facebook page was swamped with complaints.

“I’m appalled that two years in a row something IT related [has] happened to our exams. It doesn’t feel like university takes exams seriously at all”, one comment read.

“Realistically, it’s been a total fuck up”, another summed up.

A Facebook post shows the anger

But there’s more – other gaffs included missing question papers  for a Management exam, and a lack of clocks in Sackville halls for the all important time keeping.

Was one of your exams cancelled or riddled with mistakes? Tell us below.