Locals have submitted a paper to the council telling revellers to shut up

And it continues

Loughborough University SARG

The Storer and Ashby Road residents’ group (SARG) have reported us to the council for noise and vandalism, again.

The disgruntled residents have submitted a document to Charnwood Borough Council as part of Community Trigger, the new Anti-social Behaviour Crime and Policing act.

This document includes witness statements from distressed locals.

Community Trigger allows locals to enforce action against students when their concerns have not been received adequately by the authorities.

One of the many measures implemented by authorities

Despite, several new measures to reduce student problems, including breathalysers and street marshals, issues still persist, leaving SARG member Pamela Ede Cooper upset:

“It is clear from the powerful witness statements that this ASB is causing much distress to local residents. People have a right to enjoy peace and quiet in their own home and this is not the case for numerous residents who live in the vicinity of the university.”

Earlier this year a student was suspended for climbing this gate

The Epinal spoke to Ross, a third year living on Storer Road and he said that the locals are not completely innocent:

“I appreciate why locals get so angry, us students can be pretty loud. But so can they, we’ve been woken up on a couple of occasions by shouting from the neighbours on a morning and late at night”.

English student, Jarrad, added:

“My neighbours last year were awful. Once they came knocking on the door complaining because I was ‘too loud’ doing the washing up at 9’o clock.”

You’re too noisy

In response to local anxieties, Charnwood Borough Council has this to say:

“The Trigger is designed to ensure that local authorities, police and health services work together to try to resolve any complaints about anti-social behaviour by talking about the problem, sharing information and using our resources to try to reach an agreeable outcome.”