UCLove just disappeared from Facebook, showing once again 2020 just isn’t giving up

UCLove? More like UCLost

The popular Facebook page UCLove, known amongst the majority of UCL students as a safe haven to anonymously confess a secret or a crush, share opinions, or just tag your friends in the comments on relatable posts has disappeared from Facebook.

Understandably there is a lot of confusion surrounding this news. When and why was the page removed? What will I do now when I’m procrastinating? Is there a new page that I can endlessly scroll through every day? These are questions we all would like to know the answers to.

At the time of writing this, there has been speculation as to why it was removed, although nothing has been 100% confirmed.

Sources were contacted to see if anyone knew why this happened. After speaking with the owner of the @imjustucl social media pages, there could be a possible explanation. They said:

“From what I’ve heard the admins have graduated. I’m guessing because of Corona, they weren’t fully able to transfer admin to another person. They would have done so in the summer. I think it makes sense as UCLove I believe has been around from 3 / 4 years.”

In the meantime, there are two new pages that have been made in an attempt to replace UCLove. Even though they aren’t filled with months (or even years) of confessions to scroll through, there have been some submissions posted recently. It’s safe to assume that not many students know about these pages for now, based on their significantly smaller followings compared to the original page. Although, with time, and more awareness of these pages, hopefully their followings will grow to that of the original page. Baby steps.

The first page has been made in association with ImJustUCL, and is called ‘YoUCLove’. Unfortunately, it is only a temporary test page for now, but has been up and running since 1st October.

Hey Guys welcome to YouCLove beta. I'm currently trying to set up a replacement for UCLove but I'm having difficulties so this is version is just a test. Thank you

Posted by imjustucl on Thursday, 1 October 2020

You can access the new YoUCLove posts, and submit some of your own on the @youclove2 Facebook page. The page admin posts anonymous submissions from students at 6pm every day.

#YoUCLove5Texted him, sent him memes, asked him out and he still doesn’t get it, smh.

#YoUCLove45What's a girl to do if she doesn't do tinder? Say "I think the upper half of your face is cute" to a rando in the library?

Posted by imjustucl on Wednesday, 7 October 2020

The second page is a brand new page, taking the name of the original. This UCLove page was created on 13th October, with a limited number of posts so far. Once again, you can access and submit some of your own anonymous UCLove posts on the @UCLoveConfessions Facebook page.

#UCLove7Honestly the only silver lining about online classes is that there's nothing stopping me from taking them from a villa in Santorini or a riad in Marrakech… except money.

Posted by UCLove on Tuesday, 13 October 2020

#UCLove8Who wants to fill up Phineas one night and sing karaoke? I miss Mully's.

The question now is, which page will reign superior? Which page will become the new official UCLove? Only time will tell.

Even though the original UCLove is gone, its legacy shall hopefully live on through the new pages, and will be passed down to future generations of UCL student. Whether we have submitted our own posts, commented, or just scrolled through posts on the daily, the original UCLove page has been a vital part of our time at UCL so far. It brought us juicy confessions, funny jokes, serious topics, and the odd student who accidentally posts on the page itself rather than anonymously submitting a post. We will miss you UCLove, you will always remain in our hearts.

Let’s hope that the rebirth of UCLove lives up to its predecessor…