The new Liverpool Guild of Students President and Officers have been announced

The results are in

After a week of strikes and in-guild campaigning, voting closed at 2pm yesterday.

The new Liverpool Guild of Students president is Rory Hughes who is joined by Esther Bukoye, Hannah Nguyen and Jonathon Foster as Officers.

The guild released the news here, stating that this years' 5655 votes amounted to a 21% voter turnout across all University of Liverpool students.

You can also see a full breakdown of the results here.

Rory is the only returning member from last years team, but alongside three fresh faces to mix it up from the previous all male team.

The successful candidates had a range of manifestos which you can read below.

Rory Hughes

Campaigning for cutting the rent of student halls, reinstating free educational psychologist assessments for students with dyslexia, a secure hardship fund for struggling students and continued progress to the cheaper buses campaign.

Esther Bukoye

Improving pass the book and making buying books more affordable for students, discounted driving lessons and more accessible housing rights. Esther told The Tab Liverpool:

"Elated is an understatement, but it's a start. I feel Overjoyed that students saw the university through my eyes. That they supported a vision surrounded on bringing innovative and achievable change to the Guild. To sum it up, I feel like change is no longer on the horizon, but change is here, it's This moment right now."

Hannah Nguyen

Cracking down on landlords used by students, creating a guild app, divestment from the arms trade and cracking down on mental health by educating students on how to help and spot the signs.

Jonathon Foster

Organising and improving student timetabling, reshaping the mentoring system, updating online portals such as Vital and free car parking for students on weekends and evenings. Jonathon told us:

"I’m over the moon to become a part of the Student Officers next year! I’m extremely excited to be working with such a great team, and can’t wait to improve student experience here at UoL!"