Everyone is kicking off at this ex-Liverpool student on ‘The Chase’

Can we pretend he went to John Moores?

There are some things in life you should never morally do: Lie, cheat, kill. And any viewer of ITV’s ‘The Chase’ will tell you that taking a minus £15,000 offer is definitely up there with any of those things. In fact, it probably tops them all.

No one of sane mind would dare take this offer – right? Well, think again.

This is something that unfortunately ex-Liverpool History and Politics student Ciaran hadn’t really grasped before appearing on the (very public) TV show yesterday. And the whole nation were, quite reasonably, really fucking pissed off.

Imagine

The Chase gameshow works by contestants playing against a professional quizzer, known as the “chaser”, who attempts to prevent them from winning a cash prize. A team of four contestants individually attempts to win as much money as possible, which is later added to a prize fund if the contestant survives their individual chase.

Ciaran’s fellow contestants had already added £54,000 to the prize pot, but after Ciaran’s round (which he did get through) the pot was reduced to £39,000.

I mean, has he not watched it before? Was he confused? Was it some form of bet? We were all left bewildered as Ciaran took the MINUS £15k offer, the lowest offer EVER in the show’s history. One viewer told The Tab “it’s only a move I’d expect from Michael Gove”, while another stated “he deserves to be left in an alley of London’s roughest area.” Fairs.

Those brows tho

As Ciaran confidently strolled into the Final Chase, things looked promising. But all good things must come to an end. Something which the team learnt the hard way, being caught by The Chaser and leaving agonisingly empty handed.  Three years of Russell Group education and for what, Ciaran?

‘The Lad Bible’ has gone as far to compare him to Hitler. That says everything you need to know about this whole situation.

Gotta love the Lad Bible eh

Tabloids such as The Mirror , The Daily Star and even OK! Magazine have covered the outrage. In true OK! fashion, they created a poll to see what the general public felt about the issue.

When OK do a poll about your achievements, you know you’ve done something wrong x

Awkwaaaaaaaaaaaaard.

Mirror commentators took a surprisingly deeper look into the drama and believed Ciaran was simply playing a game in order to guarantee him an easy way on to the final round. However, even if he did, it was all in vain as they lost anyway.

deeeeep

Luckily though, his eyebrows just about managed to salvage any respect the British public had left for him, when many took to Twitter to show their appreciation. Scouse brow, maybe?

And while you might be left wondering how we gave this clown a FIRST CLASS degree, according to The Chaser himself, Ciaran’s risky (shit) tactics in the historic gameshow appearance are sure to “break the internet”.  Kim K – take that!