We’re the biggest Labour lovers in the country

Half of us are rooting for Ed in the election

bennet cameron conervative degree farage general elections green Labour liverpool miliband news politics results south students survey ukip wages

A whopping 48 per cent of final years at Liverpool are backing Labour in this year’s election.

The figures reveal we’re the most left-wing uni in the UK, according to the survey carried out by High Fliers.

The Greens came in second, with 27 per cent of finalists admitting they’re voting for Natalie Bennett.

Conservatives are trailing behind in third with just 14 per cent of the vote, and, not surprisingly, UKIP are last with only two per cent.

Over 13,000 students across the country were interviewed for the poll, which also revealed there’s a national tie between Labour and Conservative, both taking a third of the vote.

You want this?

They were closely followed by the Green party who received a quarter overall average.

Leeds and Edinburgh were the only unis to have a Green Party majority.

Politics boffin and English Literature second year Eleanor Hancock disagrees with the majority, and would place the Green Party as the most relevant to students in Liverpool.

She said: “Labour offer some strong policies that will benefit students and are making a strong stance by the NHS.

“But Labour have failed us in the past, and took us into an illegal war, so whether they are the right choice is debatable.

“I think fundamentally a lot of the policies Labour stand for will be good for students in Liverpool, but ultimately Green Party offer the best manifesto for students, as they want to scrap fees and clear current debts.

“This would relieve each student of anything up to about £50,000.”

A staggering 91 per cent of those asked said they will vote for the partythey believed had the best policies, while a third will vote for who their parents vote for.

Unsurprisingly, 30 per cent of students believe Ed Miliband would make a better Prime Minister than David Cameron.

The research also revealed final years intending to vote for Labour in the election are likely to have attended a state school or college before university, compared to Conservative supporters who are mainly from the South of England.

On average, Labour supporters expect to earn around £3,000 a year less in their first graduate job, compared to Conservative supporters.

Fewer Labour supporters also think they’ll find a job after they’ve graduated.

Those voting in this year’s General Election can find polling stations at both Carnatic and Greenbank halls, and Garmoyle Road off Smithdown.