Fire in The Pavilions!

Blaze breaks out in Pavs thanks to student cooking gone wrong


Hundreds of students were evacuated from The Pavilions on Thursday evening after a fire broke out.

1455048_10151833406288520_626236654_n

Fire trucks arrive on the scene

A mass evacuation got under way as multiple fire engines arrived on the scene to put the flames out for good.

And it was all thanks to some dodgy student cooking.

Pavs resident and second year student Joss Packman told The Tab: “There was smoke coming from the ground floor. Some students had burnt their food so everyone was evacuated.”

1463592_10151833406293520_996937070_n

Confused students huddle around in the dark

Luckily, the blaze had not spread to any other apartments. And thanks to the quick response, the fire didn’t cause any casualties, injuries or property damage.