Pubs won’t be closing in Leeds despite new lockdown restrictions

…but the 10pm curfew will stay in place

Today, Prime Minister Boris Johnson revealed a new system of lockdown restrictions. But don’t worry! Pubs and bars are going to stay open in Leeds… at least for the time being.

The new system will involve tiers, each one reflecting different levels of seriousness, with Tier One for the least-affected areas and Tier Three for the most (sorry Liverpool).

Leeds will be placed in Tier Two, despite the city having an infection rate nearing 400 cases per 100,000.

This means that pubs, restaurants and bars will stay open, but will still have to close by 10pm.

Gyms, hairdressers, sports centres and cinemas will also stay open.

Indoor gatherings of people who don’t live together are still banned, the rule of six will still be in place and and residents are advised to only use public transport for essential reasons.

It is also expected that people from different households will be able to meet in private gardens as long as the rule of six is maintained.

If residents can work from home, they are advised to do so.

This comes after local leaders have worked tirelessly to prevent Leeds being placed under Tier Three restrictions.

Boris Johnson will address the nation live on TV at 7pm tonight, to state the new measures being put in place.