Get Baked closed down because of ‘Key Management Failings’

They were burgled last week

Get Baked’s restaurant The Joint shut because of problems with their management.

On Thursday we broke the news that Get Baked was closing without staff getting any warning.

Now Tokyo Industries, the company behind The Joint have revealed the reason why.

A spokesperson told us: “The premises where robbed overnight last Thursday – key management failings meant the site was all of a sudden without management.

They added: “With only a few weeks left of this academic year and that largely being exams, a decision was made to close – all staff have been offered alternative work. Get Baked moves to planned festival catering over the summer and will return third time lucky in September.

“If anyone is to blame its probably Cher Lloyd.”

A member of staff told us how bar and kitchen workers were offered transfers to other venues, but floor staff were not given the same option.

The spokesperson from Tokyo Industries added: “All staff were offered other roles, possibly in Bradford or Huddersfield. Dave Khan has personally helped some members of staff find alternative jobs in Leeds via his personnel contacts in the leisure industry.”