Leeds final year launches platform for creative talent in Leeds

The #mycorner campaign will be coming to Leeds in February

A Leeds finalist has created a new platform for emerging creative talent in Leeds.

Job Kabama created the #mycorner Campaign to give young people the chance to share their creativity.

He said: “It’s a platform to show others what you are doing and to express your creativity via collaboration.

“The end goal for the #mycorner project is to provide a platform for young creatives to express themselves and to connect with like-minded individuals.”

Job Kabama, who helped create #mycorner

The campaign will involve a series of videos where young people will be interviewed about their “corner”.

It will also include social media interaction, encouraging people to get involved using the hashtag #FindYourCorner.

The first leg of the #mycorner nationwide uni tour started at University of Essex, with Leeds the next on route between the 15th and 18th of February.

Job said: “The aim of the campaign is to project the voices of other young creatives in various fields through images, video and interviews.

“The word ‘Corner’ is a metaphor for passion, meaning #MYCORNER is a reference to an individual’s world and their passion. Our campaign is interested in providing our viewers and the inspiration to #FindYourCorner.

“The final stage of the My Corner campaign is touring different Universities around the UK to give people an opportunity to share their corner. ”

When asked about the social media aspect of the campaign Job said: “On our Instagram, every week we post an image & paragraph of someone’s Corner.

“Also we have a Youtube playlist for all the My Corner interviews.”

When asked how he came up with the idea, Job said: “I’m very interested in how creative people process things and come up with their work so I’ve always been curious to what their world/environment is like in order for them to produce what they do.

“So the campaign was perfect for me to find out about creatives I highly rate and get a bit of an insight into their world.

“I came up with the idea and put into the group chat and it just expanded from there.

“Sarah Noíre came up with the idea to tour universities and she filmed the video. So in one sense the my corner campaign was an collaboration between ourselves. Lyve Corner is a team of six members.

“The end goal for this project is to provide a platform for young creatives to express themselves and to connect with like-minded individuals.”