Rag go to Kilimanjaro

Thoughts on climbing the highest freestanding mountain in the world, spending time with local children and visiting one of the most interesting and diverse places in the world… yeah sounds like fun?

This man with no legs did it, I think you can too

If (like us) you haven’t sorted out a summer packed with making KPMG’s coffee, this is a great way to give your CV that competitive edge and keep nagging parents at arms length. You’ll demonstrate adaptability, teamwork, leadership and capability to fundraise (all key buzz words in the graduate job market).

Whether these are your reasons, or you’d like to increase your matches at the RAG speed-dating, boost self-esteem or even just to wear your charity t-shirt in the gym, all are welcome here. As good in real life as it is on the BBC, there truly is something spectacular about Africa.

For those who’ve still not found themselves after gap year round 3 then you can’t miss your final chance. However, in all seriousness, you will support a fantastic, grass-roots charity- Childreach International (www.childreach.org.uk), whose work you will witness first hand on a visit to a local school.

See views like this

The memories and friendships will last a lifetime. No prior climbing experience is necessary to take part; the round-trip is 2 weeks long with the option of an additional week’s independent travel. There are 3 departure dates in June, July and August.

Come and find out more at one of the last intro meetings happening this week:

• Wednesday 30th January – 5-6pm – Baines Wing G.42 (Near Brotherton library)
  • Thursday 31 January – 6-6.30pm – Union room 1 (upstairs).

As a wise man once said, “dance in the rain, or the storm will pass.”