Tributes paid to ‘stunning’ medic student

Tributes have been paid to a ‘beautiful’ medical student who died after feeling ‘hot and unwell’ at her home in Hyde Park last month. Sarah Houston, 23, had told her […]

Tributes have been paid to a ‘beautiful’ medical student who died after feeling ‘hot and unwell’ at her home in Hyde Park last month.

Friends say Sarah had a ‘heart of gold’

Sarah Houston, 23, had told her flatmates that her symptoms would ‘soon pass’.

An inquest last week heard how she was found dead the next day.

3rd year student Alejandra Sampedro, a good friend of Sarah’s, said the student was “beautiful” and “always had a smile on her face no matter how bad things were”.

Sampedro said: “I’m still shocked – she was one of the nicest people I’ve ever met in Leeds. She was always trying to help everyone around her but would never ask for help herself.”

A Leeds University spokesperson said: “We were sorry to learn of the death of one of our students. Our thoughts are with her family and friends. Staff in her school are working to ensure her friends and fellow students are supported at this difficult time.”

A post-mortem was unable to establish any cause of death for the Buckinghamshire woman.

The coroner, David Hinchcliff, said he would be making more tests and looking closely at Sarah’s medical records.