Lancaster Freshers! Here’s a week of alcohol-free Freshers’ events

For the sober girlies (and guylies) x

For a lot of students Freshers’ Week consists of crawling to Sugar on a night out and trying out all the bars on campus. If drinking isn’t your thing, that’s completely okay and you’ll surprised at how many freshers feel a similar way. The truth is, you don’t need to drink to socialise at uni and you can have just as great a Freshers’ Week without it. There are events across the week to fill your time, meet loads of new people and have fun.

Monday 2nd October

The Lancaster University Sober Society is hosting numerous events with the different colleges throughout the week. On Monday 7 til 10pm, the Sober Society are collaborating with Fylde and Furness for Just Dance in the Fylde Common Room. Earlier on Monday, the Christian Union (CU) is organising an afternoon of games and sports from 1 til 3pm. This event is off-campus at the Royal Albert Playing Field.

Via @lusobersocials on Instagram

Tuesday 3rd October

Sober Society is hosting with Grizedale, Lonsdale and Cartmel for mocktails in Grizedale Bar. From 4pm til 6pm, this could be great to go to with your flatmates and get to know them a bit better. Perhaps introduce a board game or a game of cards to keep the conversation going. Also on Tuesday, Lancaster Uni Islamic Society are organising a Brothers Quiz Night in Bowland North Seminar Room 23 from 7:15pm and a Sisters Sports Day at 7pm.

Via @lancsisoc on Instagram

Wednesday 4th October

11:30am til 5pm in the Sports Centre on Wednesday is the Freshers’ Fair (with the accessibility hour from 10:30am). This is the perfect opportunity to explore all the different campus societies with your flatmates while also getting some free stuff. Also on Wednesday is County’s PJ Party and film night from 8-11pm in the County Common Room.

Via @lancastersu on Instagram

Thursday 5th October

The Christian Union is organising a trip to Windermere in the Lake District, getting a train at 1pm and coming back for 7pm. More details are set to be revealed on their Instagram. Also on Thursday, Sport Lancaster are hosting Les Mills classes, Climbing and Racket sports available to prebook on their website.

Via @lancscu on Instagram

Friday 6th October

Bowland College is organising a Wellbeing Walk around campus with Sober Socials, starting in Bowland Common Room from 3 til 6pm. Or if you want more physical activity, Sport Lancaster is hosting more taster sessions on Friday including Les Mills classes, racket sports, climbing and gym classes, all available to prebook on their website.

Via @sportlancaster on Instagram

Saturday 7th and Sunday 8th October

On Saturday, Furness is collaborating with the Sober Society to make smoothies in the Furness Common Room (the TV room) at 12pm. Also on Saturday, Sport Lancaster is hosting taster gym and climbing sessions, and Les Mills classes.

On Sunday, the Sober Society is hosting coffee and cake catch up with Pendle College in Pendle Rooms. This will be from 2-4pm. Lancaster SU is also organising a coach trip to Windermere in the Lake District. The tickets costs £5 and the coach departs at 10am.

Via @lancastersu on Instagram

Featured images via @lusobersocials, @lancastersu and @lancscu on Instagram

Related articles recommended by this writer: