Leaked: Greggs has agreed to sponsor Lancaster Uni for Roses

Everyone’s favourite bakery chain will be supporting Lancaster teams at Roses next month!

Greggs has agreed to sponsor Lancaster University sports teams for Roses 2023, The Lancaster Tab can reveal.

This year’s Roses is less than a month away with the weekend of sporting rivalry taking place between Friday 28th April and Sunday 30th April.

However, this year’s event will be held in York, meaning that many Lancaster students will not be able to attend.

To keep Lancaster students’ morale high while the competition is far from home, the bakery chain has agreed to sponsor Lancaster in the event, complete with Greggs t-shirts.

The Lancaster Tab has obtained a leaked email between university bosses and the bakery chain.

It reads: “We would be honoured to sponsor your university and its sports teams in the upcoming Roses competition.

“We have attached a mock-up of the t-shirts that we can produce for students to purchase ahead of the event.”

Gregory Greggson, the head of publicity for the Lancaster student favourite food chain included this image of what the Roses t-shirts could look like:

Second-year student, Rose, told The Lancaster Tab: “I almost can’t believe that Greggs is actually sponsoring us for Roses. I feel like as Lancs students we’ve been waiting for a Greggs sponsorship for ages, and with the power of sausage rolls behind us, there’s no way we can’t win.”

Lancs students can now look forward to buying some iconic merch for Roses.

Gotcha – Happy April Fools!

Related articles recommended by this writer: